Chant workshop in San Francisco

  • Clarence Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2002
      Because those who recieve the digest would not have been able to read
      details on this workshop (format incompatible) I'm giving this information
      again.

      On Saturday, May 4, 2002 2:00-4:00 PM @ St. Matthew's Lutheran Church on
      16th Street near Dolores in the Mission District of San Francsico (accross
      the street from the Mission Dolores,) a chant workshop begins which will
      continue on Saturdays indefinately with occasional exceptions.

      On this first ocasion we will look into some of the technichal terms to use
      when communicating about Gregorian Chant and chant interpretation. You'll
      get tips on how to read the early (11th century) notation. There will be
      demonstration and group participation in singing settings of "Jubilate Deo,"
      "Cognovi Domine" (for Saint Monica,) "Gloria" in modes I-VIII, "Kyrie," Also
      the Introit, Aleluia which precedes the reading of the Gospel, Offertory and
      Communion chants (for Sunday 5/5 in churches which currently use chant) will
      be studied.

      This workshop is progressive (to be continued in future sessions) and
      catch-up sessions may be scheduled on Saturday mornings as desired for those
      who miss a one.

      For more information, write <chant_gregorian@...> or call
      (415)359-0469.