      Special Benefit Performances for the Trinity+St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Building Restoration Fund.  Concerts will be given IN Trinity+St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Main Sanctuary: http://www.sflc.org

      Trinity+St. Peter’s Episcopal Church is an historic landmark building with outstanding acoustics and a magnificent E.M. Skinner symphonic organ.  This wonderful performance facility has been closed to the public since 2009 because of seismic concerns. Our Summer concerts in the Main Sanctuary will serve as special fundraisers for the building restoration fund, and, in the near future, groups will once again be able to perform at Trinity+St. Peter’s!

      Singers have the special opportunity to sing these fundraising concerts IN Trinity Church!

      Rehearsals began Monday, May 19, 2014

      Rehearsals are held on Monday nights from 7:15-9:45 p.m. in the:

      Chapel
      Trinity+St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
      1620 Gough Street (between Austin and Bush Streets)
      San Francisco

      To arrange for an audition (ability to blend and sing in tune, some sight reading skill expected) or obtain further information, contact Music Director Robert Gurney at 415-721-4077 or rgurney@.... For further information about us, check our website at http://www.sflc.org

      Our concerts will be held on Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 24, 2014 at 5 p.m.

      For our Summer 2014 season, we perform Maurice Duruflé’s beloved Requiem and Joseph Jongen’s dramatic, yet impressionistic Mass.

      French composer Maurice Duruflé (1902-1986) composed his Requiem as a memorial to his father.  It is a work that emphasizes tranquility, rest, and peace, rather than fear and turmoil.  Belgian composer Joseph Jongen (1873-1953) composed his Mass
      in the tradition of the powerful, theatrical French organ mass, with complicated and dramatic organ accompaniment and soaring choral lines, complimented with quiet, lyrical and melodic passages.  Since both Duruflé and Jongen are noted for their fine organ compositions, it is only fitting that we have the special opportunity of performing these works accompanied by acclaimed organist Jonathan Dimmock playing the world-famous Trinity+St. Peter’s Episcopal Church E.M. Skinner symphonic organ.

      Formed in 1995, San Francisco Lyric Chorus is an auditioned, medium-sized, mixed-voice chorus that performs a diverse repertoire with an emphasis on classical choral music and rarely performed works. We are an inclusive and welcoming community of singers, committed to excellent musicianship and creative programming.  The Chorus has featured performances of works by such composers as Berlioz, Mozart, Bach, Haydn, Schubert, Brahms, Fauré, Dufay, Josquin, Bernstein, Gjeilo, Howells, Pärt, Tavener, Lauridsen, Verdi, Britten, Whitacre, Dvorák, Kodály, Corigliano, and San Francisco composer Kirke Mechem, as well as our 10th Anniversary commissioned work, Illinois composer Lee R. Kesselman's This Grand Show Is Eternal and the December 2009 World Premiere of Robert Train Adams’ Christmas Fantasy.

      We have a wonderful sense of community and enjoy making music together and sharing it with our audiences. We would like to meet you!

      Helene Whitson
      President, San Francisco Lyric Chorus
      Co-Author, San Francisco Bay Area Chorus Directory
      Founder, San Francisco Bay Area Choral Archive
      1824 Arch Street
      Berkeley, California  94709
      510-849-4689
      hwhitson@...