4815Female Singer/s Wanted for New "Girl Group!"

  • Jean Walsh
    Jan 20, 2014
      © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
      44th at west
      We're looking for 1-2 ladies to join our a NEW a cappella "girl group!"

      The style is ala the Andrew's Sisters, the Shirelles, the Crystals = strong, soulful singing, tight harmonies, good blend. We're starting with groovy tunes from the 1940's to '60's. We have an alto and a soprano so far, so we're flexible as to what part you'd sing.

      Please be able to commit to weekly ~2 hour rehearsals in North Oakland near MacArthur BART.

      About you: You have experience singing close harmonies, one person to a part. You have a good ear, good rhythm, good pitch. You are serious about music but you like to have FUN (eventually, maybe we'll dress in cute 50's dresses and write our own spoofy lyrics to existing songs...) It would be helpful if you play an instrument and/or can read music.

      About us: We collectively have lots of experience singing lead and backup in various types of groups: blues, rock, R&B bands (covers and originals), show choirs, a cappella groups, community choruses. Our goal is to sing juicy harmonies and make people smile!

      The plan is to sing at farmer's markets, First Fridays, street fairs, house parties and places like that to start. Your ideas welcome.

      Please tell us a little about yourself and your background. We're hoping to schedule auditions next Monday, 1/26. We can't wait to sing with you!
      Thanks,  jeanjeanwalshie@...