4800Carols at the California, 12/14

  • Karen Schaffer
    Dec 12, 2013
      Symphony Silicon Valley Chorale presents our 8th annual Carols at the California concert at the historic California Theater in downtown San Jose. Our featured piece this year is Too Hot to Handel, an exciting jazz/gospel arrangement of Handel's Messiah, conceived by Marin Alsop and co-arranged by Bob Christianson & Gary Anderson, with the fabulous Casey Breves, formerly of Chanticleer, as our soloist. (We just had a full rehearsal with orchestra and soloist -- it's going to be amazing!)

      The first part of the program features some traditional carols, a tribute to the recently departed John Taverner, an audience sing-along, and special version of the 12 Days of Christmas. Please join us!