4786San Francisco: Golden Gate Men's Chorus holiday concerts

  • tigger8252
    Nov 19, 2013

      For tickets, go to:  www.ggmc.org

      GOLDEN GATE MEN’S CHORUS

      “MAKING SPIRITS BRIGHT”

      2013 HOLIDAY CONCERTS

      Thursday, December 12th at 8:00 PM

      Friday, December 13th at 8:00 PM

      Sunday, December 15th at 3:00 PM

      Tuesday, December 17th at 8:00 PM

      St. Matthew’s Lutheran, San Francisco

      3281 16th Street (at Dolores), San Francisco

      Ring in the holiday season with the joyful singing and the shimmering sound of the Golden Gate Men's Chorus, under the direction of Music Director, Joseph Piazza, with GGMC’s traditional holiday performances of “Making Spirits Bright.”  Come and hear traditional holiday tunes as well as newly arranged works by composers from around the world. Experience both sacred and secular selections from traditional favorites to modern arrangements and compositions by Randall Thompson, Jacob Handl, Jozsef Karai, Dan Forrest, Joseph Jennings, and others.

      At this special time of year, nothing brings together friends, family, and loved ones more than raising our voices in song. Together with GGMC, we invite you to join in our annual Christmas sing-along, as we celebrate the holidays and look with hope and longing to a brighter New Year. We promise you an evening of great choral music guaranteed to warm your heart, in Making Spirits Bright.

      Tickets and Availability

      Tickets are now available for $25 General / $35 VIP seating and can be purchased:

      ·        Online at www.ggmc.org

      ·        From GGMC members

      ·        For group tickets, contact tickets@...

      Remaining tickets will be available at the door. Student $10 discount tickets are available at the door with valid ID.

      St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church is located at 3281 16th Street at Dolores Street and is easily accessible by BART (16th & Mission) and by MUNI (J-line, 16th & Church). Please check www.sfmuni.com & www.bart.gov for schedules and fares.

      About the GGMC

      The Golden Gate Men’s Chorus is a select group of 50 men representing the ethnic and social diversity of San Francisco who share a common appreciation of choral music.  The GGMC strives for musical excellence, provides a productive social fellowship for its members, and aims to present the rich tradition of choral music to the broad and diverse components of the San Francisco Bay Area community.

      The GGMC is proud to be supported by the San Francisco Grants for the Arts/SF Hotel Tax Fund and is a member of GALA Choruses, an international organization of gay- and lesbian-identified and supportive choruses.

      For more information, visit the GGMC Web site at www.ggmc.org or contact the chorus at (415) 668-GGMC.