Re: [B5CCG] - Deck Questions

  • curevei@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2001
      In a message dated 10/31/2001 9:23:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      crzyrsis@... writes:

      > I would like a Fast winning deck.
      > The kind that is just a wipe out.
      >
      > I have LOTS of Starter cards, The Great War expansion, Severed Dreams
      > expansion.
      > I do NOT have any Crusade or Wheel of fire. Those are not available around
      > here.

      Lot easier without WoF and Crusade in that a number of hosers aren't
      available, though, OTOH, lose some accelerants and some broken cards.

      Some options:
      Narn speed military - aka old reliable (until ISA and Drakh military)
      Hyperspeed military - Conscription based, balls to the wall, hosed by Taunts
      and Games but not at Gen Con this year
      Growth in Chaos
      Cheese - with cards like Short Term Goals and Trade Windfall

      Note that, with WoF, a couple of these can become undesirable. Also, for
      deck lists, might want to check out www.epsilon3.org . If that doesn't help,
      could send another post here or privately for deck lists.

      Some of the fastest wins I've ever seen/heard about were with diplomacy
      decks, but those usually require some cooperation by opponents. Military is
      easier to control, which is why it often makes the best base for fast wins.

      "The inhabitants of this world are supposedly descendants of Adam but little
      is known of the world itself except that Adam himself had complained that it
      was dull and cheerless."

    • john rich
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
        the speed intruge is also a very fast way with the old
        school Pak'Ma'ra chosen of god or with the cent

        --- curevei@... wrote:
        > Standard Time,
        > crzyrsis@... writes:
        >

        > > I would like a Fast winning deck.
        > > The kind that is just a wipe out.
        > >
        > > I have LOTS of Starter cards, The Great War
        > expansion, Severed Dreams
        > > expansion.
        > > I do NOT have any Crusade or Wheel of fire. Those
        > are not available around
        > > here.
        >
        > Lot easier without WoF and Crusade in that a number
        > of hosers aren't
        > available, though, OTOH, lose some accelerants and
        > some broken cards.
        >
        > Some options:
        > Narn speed military - aka old reliable (until ISA
        > and Drakh military)
        still a very strong deck even with isa drakh does make
        it a little harder
        > Hyperspeed military - Conscription based, balls to
        > the wall, hosed by Taunts
        > and Games but not at Gen Con this year
        not true only in the qualifer did no one stop it!! It
        was stopped in the nationals.still if no one knows or
        sees it coming you will walk over almost anything

        > Growth in Chaos
        > Cheese - with cards like Short Term Goals and Trade
        > Windfall
        there are few people that play this.there are lots of
        hoisers but most people do not stop the right cards so
        this deck wins more then it loses(key card to stop is
        the one that lets them draw cards equal to the number
        of shadowmarks they have)

        > Note that, with WoF, a couple of these can become
        > undesirable. Also, for
        > deck lists, might want to check out www.epsilon3.org
        > . If that doesn't help,
        > could send another post here or privately for deck
        > lists.
        >
        > Some of the fastest wins I've ever seen/heard about
        > were with diplomacy
        > decks, but those usually require some cooperation by
        > opponents. Military is
        > easier to control, which is why it often makes the
        > best base for fast wins.
        >
        > "The inhabitants of this world are supposedly
        > descendants of Adam but little
        > is known of the world itself except that Adam
        > himself had complained that it
        > was dull and cheerless."

        > removed]

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • Chad Brunner
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
          Thanks to everyone who sent something in. Please keep
          them coming.

          Updates for November 2:

          3 Articles in the Strategy Section
          Fire the Wave Motion Gun by Chad Brunner
          Technomages by YET
          Drakh Quick Start by David Creighton

          1 Human Deck
          Annexing the Sudetenland by David Conner

          1 Non-Aligned Deck
          Nanotech Plague

          Also updated: The Deck Template to include Crusade
          piles!

          Please keep sending them in!

          Draal

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • David Conner
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
            --- john rich <b5j2000@...> wrote:
            > the speed intruge is also a very fast way with the old
            > school Pak'Ma'ra chosen of god or with the cent
            >
            > --- curevei@... wrote:
            > > In a message dated 10/31/2001 9:23:03 PM Pacific
            > > Standard Time,
            > > crzyrsis@... writes:
            > >

            > > > I would like a Fast winning deck.
            > > > The kind that is just a wipe out.

            Bear in mind that B5 isn't the sort of game where "wipe out"
            fast winning decks are supposed to work very well. There are no
            sure-fire "always win" strategies in the game anymore, and a lot
            of the old ones can often be countered fairly simply by the ISA
            or other newer cards.

            These days, with competent, up to date opponents, it's hard to
            win with a pure speed strategy. Not impossible, though - Narn
            speed military can still be pretty effective, for one - but they
            often depend on the ISA not being formed to succeed.

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • Mike Eggleton
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
              Hi Sis,

              I do have a few spare Crusade and Wheel of Fire cards. Would you be
              interested in trading? I would prefer to receive cards rather than cash.

              Mike

            • john rich
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
                chad how would i be able to read these articles for E3

                john rich
                --- Chad Brunner <cfbrunner@...> wrote:
                > Thanks to everyone who sent something in. Please
                > keep
                > them coming.
                >
                > Updates for November 2:
                >
                > 3 Articles in the Strategy Section
                > Fire the Wave Motion Gun by Chad Brunner
                > Technomages by YET
                > Drakh Quick Start by David Creighton
                >
                > 1 Human Deck
                > Annexing the Sudetenland by David Conner
                >
                > 1 Non-Aligned Deck
                > Nanotech Plague
                >
                > Also updated: The Deck Template to include Crusade
                > piles!
                >
                > Please keep sending them in!
                >
                > Draal

                Find a job, post your resume.
                http://careers.yahoo.com
              • Chad Brunner
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
                  The site url is www.epsilon3.org

                  Along the left hand side is a list of categories. By
                  clicking on one of those headings, the right hand
                  screen will change. Select a deck or article you want
                  by clicking on it and the article will pop up in the
                  same window.

                  Hope this helps!

                  Draal

                  --- john rich <b5j2000@...> wrote:
                  > chad how would i be able to read these articles for
                  > E3
                  >
                  > john rich
                  > --- Chad Brunner <cfbrunner@...> wrote:
                  > > Thanks to everyone who sent something in. Please
                  > > keep
                  > > them coming.
                  > >
                  > > Updates for November 2:
                  > >
                  > > 3 Articles in the Strategy Section
                  > > Fire the Wave Motion Gun by Chad Brunner
                  > > Technomages by YET
                  > > Drakh Quick Start by David Creighton
                  > >
                  > > 1 Human Deck
                  > > Annexing the Sudetenland by David Conner
                  > >
                  > > 1 Non-Aligned Deck
                  > > Nanotech Plague
                  > >
                  > > Also updated: The Deck Template to include Crusade
                  > > piles!
                  > >
                  > > Please keep sending them in!
                  > >
                  > > Draal

                  Find a job, post your resume.