Re: [B5CCG] NA & CC questions

  • Charles Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2001
      >In the rules it states that you can have one additional species ambassador
      >in addition to your starting ambassador and normal 3 card starting hand. My
      >question is what exactly is a species ambassador? Species is never really
      >defined anywhere in the rules. One possible interpretation is that a
      >species ambassador is any of NA ambassadors. Is this correct? The reason
      >I'm asking is because I want to know if it's possible to use a Drakh
      >ambassador as the extra species ambassador. Are there any official rulings
      >on this?

      Actually, species is defined in the rules. All NA cards belong to the
      non-aligned "Race." Species is a subdivision within the NA Worlds, such as
      "Drazi," "Pak'ma'ra," and "Ipsha."

      >Also, I have a question regarding Corporate Connections. The card states:
      >Reveal when you have 8 or less influence and you rotate to build influence.
      >Gain 1 influence.... Since the trigger condition is having 8 or less
      >influence and rotating to build, my question is: can you place Corporate
      >Connections under any character, for example a supporting row character,
      >then build with an inner circle character, reveal the contingency, and get
      >the influence? Nowhere does it say that you have to rotate the character to
      >which Corporate Connections is attached to build and get the bonus. Is this
      >right?

      I don't see any problem with that.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2001
        In a message dated 4/30/01 11:48:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
        NSzulcze2657@... writes:

        > My question is what exactly is a species ambassador? Species is never
        > really defined anywhere in the rules

        Try page 52-53 in the Psi Corp rule book.

        And, No, a Drakh ambassador does not count as a species ambassador.

        Ed Webb
        B5CCG Ranger, Wichita, KS
        PrecRep for B5CCG & Wheel of Time CCGs
        <A HREF="mailto:b5ccg_wichita-subscribe@egroups.com">Subscribe to the Wichita Players List!</A>
        <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/wichitab5ccg">http://members.aol.com/wichitab5ccg </A>

      • Adam Buettner
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2001
          I'm not sure about CC,

          NA: in the Great war release of the rules, it defines species. A species is any of the races in the NA faction. (Pak'mara, Brakiri, Drazi, Vree, etc.) NOT Drakh.

          Nick Szulczewski wrote:

          > In the rules it states that you can have one additional species ambassador in addition to your starting ambassador and normal 3 card starting hand. My question is what exactly is a species ambassador? Species is never really defined anywhere in the rules. One possible interpretation is that a species ambassador is any of NA ambassadors. Is this correct? The reason I'm asking is because I want to know if it's possible to use a Drakh ambassador as the extra species ambassador. Are there any official rulings on this?
          >
          > Also, I have a question regarding Corporate Connections. The card states: Reveal when you have 8 or less influence and you rotate to build influence. Gain 1 influence.... Since the trigger condition is having 8 or less influence and rotating to build, my question is: can you place Corporate Connections under any character, for example a supporting row character, then build with an inner circle character, reveal the contingency, and get the influence? Nowhere does it say that you have to rotate the character to which Corporate Connections is attached to build and get the bonus. Is this right?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for your interpretations.

          > Babylon 5 CCG Community E-list.
          > No Trades, Auctions or Solicitations are allowed.
          > Keep it fun, keep it friendly, enjoy.
          >
          > Post message: b5ccglist@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: b5ccglist-subscribe@onelist.com
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/b5ccglist

        • David Conner
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2001
            --- Wichitab5ccg@... wrote:
            > > My question is what exactly is a species ambassador?
            > Species is never
            > > really defined anywhere in the rules
            >
            > Try page 52-53 in the Psi Corp rule book.
            >
            > And, No, a Drakh ambassador does not count as a species
            > ambassador.

            A good rule of thumb to remember is that "species" *only* and
            *always* refers to Non-Aligned cards. The term "species" has no
            relevance whatsoever to any other race.

            http://auctions.yahoo.com/