Re: [B5CCG] Hello fellow B5 CCG players!

  • Ian Richards
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30 9:14 AM
      Hi Adrian

      There are a few B5 players in the Cardiff area and we dust off the
      cards and play occasionally. How close to Cardiff are you?

      Ian
      On 30 Jul 2012, at 13:46, Adrian wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > Whilst I am new to this list I'm not new to the B5 CCG game. I
      > started collecting and playing when the first two box sets, Earth vs
      > Minbar and Narn vs Centauri, came out. Unfortunately I was unable to
      > purchase a few of the expansions, I only got one playing deck of the
      > PSI Corp expansion for example and none of the Wheel of Fire or
      > Crusade playing decks/boosters. I did find a huge pile of cards in a
      > large box at a games store that was closing down that I offered a
      > joke amount of �10 for and they accepted! (still have not fully
      > sorted it out, not sure what sets they are from as I dont have a
      > full card list, anyone possess a link to a site with a list of the
      > cards?).
      >
      > Anyway, I'm very glad it still lives in the hearts of those who are
      > on this site and other places, I've not found too many players here
      > in the UK but I still live in hope!

    • Julian Dale
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30 11:18 AM
        Yep in Cardiff there are several groups of b5 players. Though my lot are heavy legend of the five rings players but occasionally the b5 comes out. Always nice to know what peoples thoughts are on the game

        Julian

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 30 Jul 2012, at 13:46, "Adrian" <argrath_dragonspear@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Whilst I am new to this list I'm not new to the B5 CCG game. I started collecting and playing when the first two box sets, Earth vs Minbar and Narn vs Centauri, came out. Unfortunately I was unable to purchase a few of the expansions, I only got one playing deck of the PSI Corp expansion for example and none of the Wheel of Fire or Crusade playing decks/boosters. I did find a huge pile of cards in a large box at a games store that was closing down that I offered a joke amount of £10 for and they accepted! (still have not fully sorted it out, not sure what sets they are from as I dont have a full card list, anyone possess a link to a site with a list of the cards?).
        >
        > Anyway, I'm very glad it still lives in the hearts of those who are on this site and other places, I've not found too many players here in the UK but I still live in hope!

      • Adrian
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31 7:41 AM
          Thanks for all the replies, most kind.

          I live in Margate, down in darkest Kent, only an hours drive from London so if there is anyone in Kent or London who wants a game I'm your man.

          And thanks for the tip about the resource site, I'll check it out.

          Adrian
        • Manuel Tuthill
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31 8:00 AM
            I'm Reading so a little closer than Cardiff. Perhaps it's worth thinking
            about a B5 meet up and card session in London at some point?

            Manuel

            On 31/07/2012 15:41, Adrian wrote:

            > Thanks for all the replies, most kind.
            >
            > I live in Margate, down in darkest Kent, only an hours drive from
            > London so if there is anyone in Kent or London who wants a game I'm
            > your man.
            >
            > And thanks for the tip about the resource site, I'll check it out.
            >
            > Adrian

          • Sandra Bond
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31 8:29 AM
              I'm a Londoner here... I haven't played for years, but I still have my
              cards...

              In message <jv8qqf+jk0t@...>, Adrian <argrath_dragonspear@hotmai
              l.com> writes
              >Thanks for all the replies, most kind.
              >
              >I live in Margate, down in darkest Kent, only an hours drive from London so if
              >there is anyone in Kent or London who wants a game I'm your man.
              >
              >And thanks for the tip about the resource site, I'll check it out.
              >
              >Adrian

              "I went to a planet without bilateral symmetry
              and all I got was this lousy F-shirt."
              =====sandra bond: sandra@...=====
            • Jan Stanek
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2012
                Hi,

                I live in Ashford, Kent, and would be willing to try and get together for some games.

                Adrian, do you know Games-Maison in Margate?  They've got an active card gaming community.  Nick, the owner/manager, seems to be a really nice guy so if you take a few decks and offer to give people a go...
                details:Games Maison
                62A Ramsgate Road
                Margate

                CT9 5RY

                Jan

                (1) "Why did God paint you black?"
                (2) "Because Allah loves wonderous diversity."

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 7, 2012
                  "I live in Ashford, Kent, and would be willing to try and get together for some games.

                  Adrian, do you know Games-Maison in Margate?  They've got an active card gaming community.  Nick, the owner/manager, seems to be a really nice guy so if you take a few decks and offer to give people a go...
                  details:Games Maison
                  62A Ramsgate Road
                  Margate

                  CT9 5RY

                  Jan"

                  ACH- Hi Jan, Ashford is only an hour away at the most so it would be good to meet up at some time.

                  As for Games-Maison, I know about that one and another group that plays magic and other similar card games. Unfortunately I no long feel comfortable to play with under 20 year olds anymore, being as I'm in my mid-50's now. A sad indictment of the times I'm afraid.
                • markbed82
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 2, 2013
                    I actually live in Colchester if your still looking to meet up for some games, I'm happy to take a train down to london, would be great if we can get a few people together and have a multiplayer game. I haven't played in years but I still have most of my cards and 3 decks (No idea how good they are).