Online games

  • Manuel Tuthill
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
      Hi,

      For anyone not aware there has been a fair bit of chatter on Facebook
      regarding Babylon 5, It's well worth a look if you are on Facebook.
      One of the things that has come about because of all the chat is a
      better way to play B5 online. It was suggested that a voice application
      along with either Lackey or Vassel would be a good combination. So I
      asked a friend who runs a online game server company to help us out
      which he happily agreed.

      He's set up a mumble server so that we can communicate while playing via
      either Lackey or Vassel hopefully this will allow for a more natural
      game and also a slightly quicker one, since most people can talk quicker
      than they can type. The details are below:

      Address: mumble.rtl-servers.co.uk
      Port: 65267

      A big thanks to Lee at RTL servers who's set this up and if anyone does
      play online games like Left 4 dead or Counter strike etc it's worth
      checking them out (and mention the B5 mumble server).

      If anyone has any question please feel free to ask or even has report on
      how they found it.

      Manuel

    • Bruce Mason
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
        Good work. I'll have to try this out sometime. Been experimenting with the
        lackey deck builder which is pretty neat.

        On 7 August 2011 13:12, Manuel Tuthill <manuel@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > For anyone not aware there has been a fair bit of chatter on Facebook
        > regarding Babylon 5, It's well worth a look if you are on Facebook.
        > One of the things that has come about because of all the chat is a
        > better way to play B5 online. It was suggested that a voice application
        > along with either Lackey or Vassel would be a good combination. So I
        > asked a friend who runs a online game server company to help us out
        > which he happily agreed.
        >
        > He's set up a mumble server so that we can communicate while playing via
        > either Lackey or Vassel hopefully this will allow for a more natural
        > game and also a slightly quicker one, since most people can talk quicker
        > than they can type. The details are below:
        >
        > Address: mumble.rtl-servers.co.uk
        > Port: 65267
        >
        > A big thanks to Lee at RTL servers who's set this up and if anyone does
        > play online games like Left 4 dead or Counter strike etc it's worth
        > checking them out (and mention the B5 mumble server).
        >
        > If anyone has any question please feel free to ask or even has report on
        > how they found it.
        >
        > Manuel

      • Manuel Tuthill
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
          I did briefly have a look years ago when it first came out but haven't
          played with it since. I'll have a play in the next week or two again and
          get some decks in it. I'm hoping to arrange a online game or two at some
          point. Probably a fixed hour or two on a bi-weekly / monthly schedule
          (due to time differences I think latest PM for Europe and Early/Late AM
          for the US).