Senator Deck - Feedback welcome

  • Alexander Schneider
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 18, 2010
      Hey guys,

      I have been playing with a friend of mine for some time now. (And so far
      my Minbari war deck works quite good even though the middle game
      strategy is just really painful, as most of the cards are quite
      expensive and I am playing against a Centauri diplomacy / intrigue deck
      with Londo (7 influence).)

      Now, I wanted to try something new, so I came up with this Human Senator
      deck idea based on using Babylon 5 influence and votes. This is possible
      just because it is the two of us and because he is starting with no
      cards in his hand...

      I did not play with it yet... but I think it should work.

      It begins with a starting hand, which ensures that all Babylon 5 votes
      will go into my favour by using Non-Aligned Support. As this is a great
      possibility to play any aftermath, I decided to go for United front,
      which will give Jeffrey another 3 diplomacy boosting him to 7. This may
      be quite a good possibility to delay any diplomacy conflicts which my
      enemy would be willing to play.

      The problem is the midgame strategy... which may be quite hard to build
      up as while I climb to approx. 6 influence points, my enemy is already
      at 10+ most probably. This means, I hope there will be enough cards
      coming which I can pull out and play right away. The idea is to build
      Babylon 5 influence while I go. In the end, I hope to get Captain
      Sinclair out to be able to use the B5 influence to stop conflicts and
      still be able to build more B5 influence.

      The ending is building upon the agendas which will provide me with power
      through Babylon 5 influence.

      :)

      What do you think?
      Feedback is more than welcome.

      Cheers,
      Alex

    • William Lydick
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 22, 2010
        > > The only problem with an additional character is that if I would play
        > Londo, I would sacrifice my first round to attack the Aide. Maybe the
        > conflict goes through but my opponent would be cardless and getting less
        > cards than me and without another character in game.
        > >
        > > This has to be fireproof to work for me I suppose. Hm?
        >
        > Support with Jeffrey. Londo has to use his action before you'll need
        > the Aide. Londo won't be able to touch the Aide.

        That's what I was thinking. Support with Jeff. Londo must either oppose,
        attack Jeff, or do something else. If he attacks, he's neutralized and has
        no cards to un-neutralize through. If he opposes, support with Aide, since
        Londo cannot make any other actions. If he does something else, let the
        Aide sit idle.