RE: [B5CCG] Re: War Minbari Deck - How to improve?

  • Ward, Charles D
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
      Nice to see you folks again; got a favor to ask - I'll be retiring from
      my position at State here at the end of the year, could someone change
      my settings with the group so mail will go to my *home* address,
      pogomil@...? Thanks! C.W.

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
        Hi.

        Try this deck, or follow the link on the bottom of the page to check my other decks. This is a Military deck, makes it a lot easier to win than with a pure war deck.
        If you don't have enough Crusade card this deck deck works without the Crusade pile.

        Tor

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
          Charles,

          You would have to update your own Yahoo account for this.

          Manuel

          _____

          pogomil@aol. <mailto:pogomil%40aol.com> com? Thanks! C.W.

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
            Manuel,

            If I remembered my yahoo account, that would be great - but it's been
            *so* long I've forgotten a) my yahoo ID and b) my yahoo password.

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
              https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&src=fpc
              tx&partner=&intl=us

              You can try and recover your details with this, however if that fails I
              don't think there is anything a moderator can do (I'm not sure about a group
              owner, but Devin hasn't been heard of in years).

              I've also put in a request for you profile perhaps that has some details you
              might be able to extract. Failing all that you can simply create a new
              account and sign up with that.

              Manuel

              _____

              From: b5ccglist@yahoogrou <mailto:b5ccglist%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
                Thanks, I've fwd' this to my home address; that's where this mail
                *should* have been going in the first place- how things got messed up I
                don't know - I take the blame anyway..

                From: b5ccglist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:b5ccglist%40yahoogroups.com>

                From: b5ccglist@yahoogrou <mailto:b5ccglist%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com

                From: b5ccglist@yahoogrou <mailto:b5ccglist%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com

                From: b5ccglist@yahoogrou <mailto:b5ccglist%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
[...]

              • Alexander Schneider
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
                  Hi Tor,

                  was the deck an attachment? I cannot see the card list or the link to
                  the webpage.

                  Thanks,
                  Alex

                  On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Tor Steinsland <tsteinsland@...> wrote:
                  > Hi.
                  >
                  > Try this deck, or follow the link on the bottom of the page to check my other decks. This is a Military deck, makes it a lot easier to win than with a pure war deck.
                  > If you don't have enough Crusade card this deck deck works without the Crusade pile.
                  >
                  > Tor

                  Alexander Schneider
                  Address: Haspelstr. 10, 35037 Marburg, Germany
                  Mobile: +49 176 62358692
                • Tor Steinsland
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 1, 2010
                    Forgot the link: http://members.fortunecity.com/torste4/narn.military.deck.html

                  • jollyrogercjf@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 24, 2010
                      I don't know if you've figured out how to make this deck work for you, but the crusade common, Duel to the Death, sounds like exactly what you need. Pretty much anyone without a military is dead to this card, not a lot you can do to stop it. Plus you should have enough power playing Mimbari to win by at least 10 so you can buy it back next turn.

                      --- In b5ccglist@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Gan <mrtauntaun@...> wrote:

                      > The only good thing about a 'dead' card game is there isn't much of a taboo
                      > against using proxies. For the virtual cards, it's required. What my group
                      > does is get some adhesive backed letter size paper, and print the cards on
                      > them 8 (i think) to a sheet. Then we cut them out and stick them to the one
                      > of the hundreds of copies of Lovell or Declaration of War we have kicking
                      > around and boom, instant card. YMMV, but for us, this works perfectly.
                      >
                      > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Alexander Schneider
                      > <occasiary@...>wrote:
                      >

                      > > Hm... I do not have a lot of cards from the Wheel of Fire and Crusade
                      > > sets... and both conflicts (Surgical Strike and Forced Down) are
                      > > missing, so no chance of using those. :) But they are both really
                      > > great. Thanks for point them out to me! (Note to myself to get some
                      > > more of the Crusade and WoF cards.)
                      > >
                      > > I like the idea with the Minbari Anla'Shok deck... have to try to
                      > > alter the war deck a bit. :)
                      > >
                      > > Great weekend to all!
                      > > Alex
                      > >

                      > > On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Michael English
                      > > <michael.english@...<michael.english%40menglish.force9.co.uk>>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > > If you are playing with the virtual sets, Valen's Gift openings work well
                      > > for Military orientated decks with both Delenn and Neroon. Typically these
                      > > would be my Minbari military starts of choice; with Delenn you can start
                      > > retrieving the White Star Wings and with Neroon you can get both Windswords
                      > > and Warrior Caste out early. This approach also gives you access to various
                      > > ranger characters to supply the much needed intrigue. Indeed starting with
                      > > Delenn (Transformer), Anlashok, Ranger Operative and Valen's Gift, you may
                      > > be able to out intrigue the Centauri in the early stages.
                      > > >
                      > > > You might want to consider using the conflict Surgical Strike to discard
                      > > Knowledge Is Power. It also gives you a plausible excuse to feed neutral
                      > > players as to why you have to declare war against the Centauri.
                      > > >
                      > > > A military conflict that does not get much exposure, but which I have
                      > > recently found rather useful against character heavy decks is Forced Down.
                      > > >
                      > > > Hope this helps.
                      > > >
                      > > > Michael

                    • Alexander Schneider
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 24, 2010
                        Thanks for the input. I will check it out.
                        (several moments later)
                        Wow, really good. :) Love it!

                        In the mean time, the deck kind of works against my opponent quite ok.
                        It is not perferct and severally slow in the beginning, however as soon
                        as my stuff is out there, I am a good opponent.

                        Just out of curiosity I have built my first Narn deck and this one
                        really rocks here: the combo GKar + Ko'Dath + Build Infrastructure is
                        the best way how to keep up with the starting 7 influence of Londo the
                        Gambler and be quick as hell to even steal his initiative the moment we
                        both have the same amount of influence. :) Loved this! :) With Thenta
                        Makur and enough characters who possess not only D but also I, there is
                        little the Centauri can do. Hihi...

                        Wish you all a nice weekend,
                        Alex