B5CCG at Hangover, UK Nov 10, 2007

  • Bruce Mason
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      The Babylon 5 UK Nationals (yes really...) are back. They will be held at
      Bishop Games in Coventry as part of "Hangover from Hell" starting at 12pm on
      November 10. The full details about Hangover, how to get there and so on are
      below. This includes the email address of the organiser, Neil Palframan.
      What you really want to know now though are the details.

      UK Nationals, constructed deck, starts at 12pm, 3 rounds with optional Final
      Round depending on time and turnout. Each round will be 70-80 minutes and
      run using "Engine" rules.
      Please bring at least 3 decks of different races. You can email me directly
      to register race preferences if you like.
      "Engine" Rules, what does this mean?
      This basically means the old Precedence rules cleaned up with the exceptions
      below. It also means that you can use the two "unpublished" sets (Vorlons
      and Anla'Shok) but NOT Masterpiece collection nor any cards YOU made up. And
      you still can't play Surprise.
      The new sets and rules can be found on my webpage at
      http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~bmason/b5/
      The major things to watch out for are:

      - Power Cap rule: no card except for Major Agendas and Drakh Agendas
      can let you COUNT more than +5 Power. This does not affect cards which let
      you GAIN Power. (E.g. It affects Support of the Mighty but not Eyes
      and Ears). Drakh Agendas and Major Agendas are capped at COUNTing +10 Power.
      - If you are not playing a Babylon 5 Faction (e.g. you're playing Psi
      Corps) you can still cast your race's vote if your race's Babylon Project
      faction is not in play.
      - Shadow War. This no longer causes players to require a major victory
      to win. It still prevents Babylon 5 victories. When the Shadow War starts
      all "Shadow Tainted" factions declare war on all "Vorlon Tainted" factions.
      (It is a war after all). If the Shadow War has not started, you cannot stop
      it.
      - Mercenary cards: scrap all the stuff about bidding. When you sponsor
      a mercenary you have control of it BUT any player may pay its Printed
      Influence Cost as an action to take control of it until the end of the turn.
      (Naturally, multiple players might do this one after the other - think
      Dureena Nafeel).

      Card Errata:
      Elizabeth Trent: must rotate to use her ability
      Full Mobilization: gains POWER not Influence
      Eyes and Ears: the bonus is not cumulative with other copies of E&E

      New Rulings
      The Third Age (published promo card): the unpublished cards (Anla'shok and
      Vorlons) do not have official copyright dates (they aren't really cards)
      therefore do not count as having copyright dates of 1999 or later. I know
      it's a fudge but it's either that or I ban the Third Age card.

      For full details and the explanations behind this, see my webpage or the
      wiki site I'm using: http://b5quest.pbwiki.com/B5CCG

      Cheers
      Bruce

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
        Hi Bruce, please add me to the list of people for b5 on 10th Nov. I
        will get my races to you next week.
        Cheers
        Gordon (Newcastle)
      • Bruce Mason