Deck Ideas

  • Tommy Fuhs
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm looking to build/archive about 3 or so decks for each race &
      dispose of the remaining 6000+ cards. I need some thoughts on deck
      ideas. I'd love to hear what you use. I don't have much Crusade &
      prefer to keep it Drakh-less. Here's what I have so far:

      Human:
      Sinclair - Alliance of Races / Diplomacy (can be either - good
      training deck for beginning player)
      Bester - Infiltrate & Exploit
      Clark - Unrest

      Minbari:
      Delenn - Servants of Order / Order Above All
      Neroon - Full Mobilization / Conscript start han (very fast & lethal)

      Narn:
      G'Kar - Vanilla military
      Na'Far - Diplomacy

      Centauri:
      Gambling Londo: Rise of the Republic/Mil
      Londo - Shadow Cheese
      Emperor Londo steals B4
      Refa - Deck the Decks (Centauri Teep, Ranger Ops, Visions in Time ect)

      Non Aligned:
      Vizak / Hyact Patriarch - Feast of Strife
      Brakiri Corporate - Chosen of God

      Under Consideration:
      Delenn/Lennier - Nightwatch (slow)
      Ranger deck - v-e-r-y s-l-o-w
      Narn Intrigue - I used to do a Tupari/Seize Advantage (also v. slow)

      Any ideas/links to decks (I think I've googled them all) will be
      welcome. Alternatively, I can send you the decks (in .xls format) if
      you'd like to see them.
    • Griff M. Warren II
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
        Tommy Fuhs wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm looking to build/archive about 3 or so decks for each race &
        > dispose of the remaining 6000+ cards. I need some thoughts on deck
        > ideas. I'd love to hear what you use. I don't have much Crusade &
        > prefer to keep it Drakh-less. Here's what I have so far:
        >
        > Human:
        > Sinclair - Alliance of Races / Diplomacy (can be either - good
        > training deck for beginning player)
        > Bester - Infiltrate & Exploit
        > Clark - Unrest

        I like a 5 card Sheridan for a Nuetral teep deck. I also did a Psi corp
        Master of All deck that wasn't bad. I usually only use Clark for
        Nightwatch.

        > Minbari:
        > Delenn - Servants of Order / Order Above All
        > Neroon - Full Mobilization / Conscript start han (very fast & lethal)

        Delenn with Vorlon Universe is all kinds of fun. I love burning a
        shadow deck by giving their ambassador a vorlon mark. I use Neroon in a
        Maintain the Peace deck. All fleets and warrior cast.

        > Narn:
        > G'Kar - Vanilla military
        > Na'Far - Diplomacy

        You have to go Nightwatch with Na'Far.

        > Centauri:
        > Gambling Londo: Rise of the Republic/Mil
        > Londo - Shadow Cheese
        > Emperor Londo steals B4
        > Refa - Deck the Decks (Centauri Teep, Ranger Ops, Visions in Time ect

        I have a good Gambling Londo/Legacy deck that is surprisingly fast. It
        hardly ever loses. It's also my favorite deck. This week at Origins it
        got two first places in three rounds. I usually use Refa for the
        straight Intrtigue decks.

        > Non Aligned:
        > Vizak / Hyact Patriarch - Feast of Strife
        > Brakiri Corporate - Chosen of God

        I have a fun Vizak deck that uses Vree scouts and Shadow tech upgrade.
        Start with Vree Scouts, Shadow Tech, and Lure of shadow and you're off
        to the races. It's been done plenty of times before, I know, but it's
        still fun.

        > Under Consideration:
        > Delenn/Lennier - Nightwatch (slow)
        > Ranger deck - v-e-r-y s-l-o-w
        > Narn Intrigue - I used to do a Tupari/Seize Advantage (also v. slow)

        Shadow Implanting Tu'Pari in an assassin deck is a great way to put Psi
        corp characters in their place. My brother uses the transformer Delenn
        in his Ranger deck. With cards that help to cycle it wouldn't be to bad.

      • curevei@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
          In a message dated 7/4/2005 5:14:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          fuhs1@... writes:
[...]

          * * *
          I find the idea of only playing certain decks anathema to CCGing, but if I
          were to try to come up with what decks I was most comfortable with in general,
          it might be something like:

          Centauri:
          Military [non-Shadow] - Originally (back in the day of 45 card tournament
          decks), this was to stop the ubiquitous Narn military decks and because of the
          access to copious cheese. But, it's always amusing to me to do something
          different.
          B5 diplomacy - This might have been my first tournament winning archetype,
          though I barely recall playing much in the way of tournaments before Shadows was
          released. This is obviously much, much better with the current cardpool than
          it was around the time of Shadows' release. Again, amusing - Centauri as
          "good guys".
          B4 - You win, I win a major. One of the times I get to play obnoxious cards
          and not feel bad about it.

          Human:
          Alliance of Races - Best version, historically, was the turbo (Conscription)
          Psi Corps version to nuke WANI. Though, with errata to AoR, it's possibly
          less interesting. However, the version that interests me more is the
          Blessings/Freedom of Choice version.
          Military - Centauri can't have all of the fun. Probably a version that fools
          around with Destiny as support, probably run Sinclair just to be different.
          Not a hyperspeed variant since that's more effective with Minbari and more
          interesting with NA. Possibly do one of the bad versions involving a bunch of
          fleet enhancements.
          Forging Alliances - I actually didn't tend to find Human decks all that
          exciting to build other than umpteen variations on AoR (as an exercise in seeing
          how fast B5 influence could go up). While not terribly interesting in practice,
          I've probably tried this agenda often enough to be more associated with it
          than average. Hmm, having more time to think about it, one of my more amusing
          decks was a Leading the Races/cheese deck that I ran around the Shadows/Deluxe
          era. I vaguely recall that it was no longer nearly as viable later, so maybe
          not.

          Minbari:
          Hyperspeed military - Only fun in theory but even I can enjoy trying to break
          CCGs. I'm not sure why people would use Neroon over Delenn when Delenn comes
          with an influence in the form of a Destiny Mark.
          Religious Caste - I'm sure others have built all RC decks, but I never got
          the sense that people explored them. Not powerful, but multiplayer CCGs don't
          need powerful decks. Actually, that it doesn't use fatties (characters,
          fleets) may be a lot of the charm since the Minbari have always tended toward the
          Mighty.
          Vorlon Mark - I love Marks - good, bad, irrelevant. I don't know what
          precise build I'd do whether SOO, OAA, combination of the two, mark purging deck, or
          what now.

          Narn:
          Intrigue - It's actually not all that fun to play as I don't get off on
          annihilating people's permanents like a lot of other players do which is about the
          only thing this deck is good for, but how interesting are Narn military et al?
          Defend the Races - More interesting military variation.
          Toolbox - Possibly rareless, possibly not. Unfocused deck with cards not
          often played, try to participate in multiple arenas. One variation was the
          University Complex variant, boy was that unthreatening.

          Non-Aligned:
          Chosen of God - Not Pak'ma'ra. Could either go for something good like Drazi
          military or something humorous like Llort or something in the middle like
          Gaim.
          Military [general] - See a pattern. There was a time when I'd just run three
          Combined Fleets in non-military decks and feel safe; military strength of the
          NA was always ludicrous. There's a number of variations. I wouldn't do the
          Gear Up for War variation as that was associated with someone else in my group.
          Gerontocracy - Actually, I never particularly enjoyed playing decks around
          this card as it's still too weak and you don't feel like you are really doing
          anything when trying to exploit it. But, I did "design" it [what "wonderful"
          design credits I got] and I'm having trouble remembering the NA decks I did
          prefer. I suppose one of the turbo diplomacy or military decks that didn't run
          Conscription would make more sense, but those bleed into the two decks above to
          some degree.

          I actually have a hard time remembering what I used to build. I know I built
          lots of decks only because of the opening hands or for attempted ultimate
          efficiency in some sort of powerful archetype. There were certainly archetypes
          I'd return to because they sucked, my first Minbari intrigue deck was
          pre-Shadows, and there were archetypes I'd build over and over and over and over but
          may not find compelling because of exactly that (e.g. any Shadow deck), and
          there were such decks as Adira Strikes! (Inconclusive Strike, I tended to play
          this more in Social tournaments) that I didn't see other people do, but I'm so
          divorced from the game at this point that I struggle to remember what was fun
          or, at least, intriguing.

        • Bruce Mason
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
            ---
            Bruce Mason, ESRC Research Associate
            Methodological Issues in Qualitative Data Sharing and Archiving
            Cardiff School of Social Sciences
            60 Park Place,
            Cardiff CF10 3WT
            UK
            Tel: +44 2920 875123
            masonb@...
            http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/socsi/hyper/index.html
            >>> fuhs1@... 07/04/05 1:14 PM >>>
            Hi,

            I'm looking to build/archive about 3 or so decks for each race &
            dispose of the remaining 6000+ cards. I need some thoughts on deck
            ideas. I'd love to hear what you use. I don't have much Crusade &
            prefer to keep it Drakh-less. Here's what I have so far:

            Human:
            Sinclair - Alliance of Races / Diplomacy (can be either - good
            training deck for beginning player)
            Bester - Infiltrate & Exploit
            Clark - Unrest
            >>>I must admit that I don't like Alliance of Races. It's horrible for beginning
            players because it has to be played non-interactively to work. A Human Diplomacy
            Peace deck (affirmation of peace/power with Peace in our time/Hope for Peace as
            main agenda) tends to be a lot of fun to play.

            Not sure that Clark unrest does anything productive. It tends to be a spoiler
            deck in that it can stop one other person winning but never wins itself. Why not
            go with Clark/shadow? You have good intrigue and good access to shadow marks.

            Minbari:
            Delenn - Servants of Order / Order Above All
            Neroon - Full Mobilization / Conscript start han (very fast & lethal)

            Again I have a problem with Order above All because it doesn't try to win
            conflicts which can make for very boring games and in fact it thrives on
            squashing conflicts. If you have enough military, then a Dip/Mil deck may be fun
            and also potential very powerful as it can win through Support of the Mighty or
            straight military. test Their Mettle, Affirmation of Power and Sabre Rattling
            are key conflicts.

            Narn:
            G'Kar - Vanilla military
            Na'Far - Diplomacy

            With Na'Far, consider Our Own People First. Consider also trying to run
            cross-race with a load of Centauri. Minister Verano is amazing in this deck.

            Centauri:
            Gambling Londo: Rise of the Republic/Mil
            Londo - Shadow Cheese
            Emperor Londo steals B4
            Refa - Deck the Decks (Centauri Teep, Ranger Ops, Visions in Time ect)

            why play cheese? Assuming these are meant to be fun decks to play with friends,
            why play cheese. You can do a legit Centauri Int/Mil shadow deck so why not do
            that instead?

            Non Aligned:
            Vizak / Hyact Patriarch - Feast of Strife
            Brakiri Corporate - Chosen of God

            Non-aligned military is very strong and also why not look into a Non-Aligned
            Peace deck.

            Bruce
          • THOMAS FUHS
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 4, 2005
              >I must admit that I don't like Alliance of Races. It's horrible for beginning
              players because it has to be played non-interactively to work. A Human Diplomacy
              Peace deck (affirmation of peace/power with Peace in our time/Hope for Peace as
              main agenda) tends to be a lot of fun to play.

              The affirmations are in there. My wife used AOR to learn how cards play, then we switched her to Diplomacy. Same people so she knew who could do what. Then Psi Corps came out & she's played them ever since.

              > Not sure that Clark unrest does anything productive. It tends to be a spoiler
              deck in that it can stop one other person winning but never wins itself. Why not
              go with Clark/shadow? You have good intrigue and good access to shadow marks.

              The Mass Riotings knock people down and the power comes from Not Without a Fight. I can't recall the card name, but there's a card that allows Lost aftermaths to be played irregardless of conflict results IF unrest is "X".

              > Londo - Shadow Cheese
              > why play cheese? Assuming these are meant to be fun decks to play with friends,
              why play cheese. You can do a legit Centauri Int/Mil shadow deck so why not do
              that instead?

              It's the ONLY deck my daughter will play when she was Centauri, which was 90% of the time. It's crap, yes indeed, but it holds memories. We used that deck & the wife's AOR as "egg timers". If son & I couldn't win before they did, then our decks needed work. I never did get the Seize Advantage deck to win. *sigh* Guess I never will especially now that Martyr has been changed. It was the first deck I designed in 98

              > Non-aligned military is very strong and also why not look into a Non-Aligned
              Peace deck.

              Peace deck? As in Maintain the Peace? Hmmm, that the second time that agenda has been mentioned (out of 3 replies). I toyed with a Minbari start hand of Neroon, Conscript, Homeworld Fleet & MtP. The idea was to get homeworld fleet out, conscript a 9 mil fleet, drop the agenda & start racking up the power. The idea was adapted by my son for his Full Mobilization deck.

              Again, 2 of 3 people say Na'Far nightwatch. I'll definitely look at that. My Neroon deck gets tensions down (generating power) & drops Peace in Our Time for some more power. The start agenda is Path to Peace & I need the B5 vote to get B5 inf up.

            • DAVID MCARTHUR
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 5, 2005
                >Tommy Fuhs wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > I'm looking to build/archive about 3 or so decks for each race &
                > > dispose of the remaining 6000+ cards. I need some thoughts on deck
                > > ideas. I'd love to hear what you use. I don't have much Crusade &
                > > prefer to keep it Drakh-less. Here's what I have so far:

                IF YOU WISH TO DISPOSE OF 6K + CARDS SEND THEM TO DAVID A. MCARTHUR #512,
                200 WEST JACKSON/ PAINESVILLE, OHIO 44077

                > > Human:
                > > Sinclair - Alliance of Races / Diplomacy (can be either - good
                > > training deck for beginning player)
                > > Bester - Infiltrate & Exploit
                > > Clark - Unrest
                >
                >I like a 5 card Sheridan for a Nuetral teep deck. I also did a Psi corp
                >Master of All deck that wasn't bad. I usually only use Clark for
                >Nightwatch.
                >

                > > Minbari:
                > > Delenn - Servants of Order / Order Above All
                > > Neroon - Full Mobilization / Conscript start han (very fast & lethal)
                >
                >Delenn with Vorlon Universe is all kinds of fun. I love burning a
                >shadow deck by giving their ambassador a vorlon mark. I use Neroon in a
                >Maintain the Peace deck. All fleets and warrior cast.
                >

                > > Narn:
                > > G'Kar - Vanilla military
                > > Na'Far - Diplomacy
                >
                >You have to go Nightwatch with Na'Far.
                >

                > > Centauri:
                > > Gambling Londo: Rise of the Republic/Mil
                > > Londo - Shadow Cheese
                > > Emperor Londo steals B4
                > > Refa - Deck the Decks (Centauri Teep, Ranger Ops, Visions in Time ect
                >
                >I have a good Gambling Londo/Legacy deck that is surprisingly fast. It
                >hardly ever loses. It's also my favorite deck. This week at Origins it
                >got two first places in three rounds. I usually use Refa for the
                >straight Intrtigue decks.
                >
                > > Non Aligned:
                > > Vizak / Hyact Patriarch - Feast of Strife
                > > Brakiri Corporate - Chosen of God
                >
                >I have a fun Vizak deck that uses Vree scouts and Shadow tech upgrade.
                >Start with Vree Scouts, Shadow Tech, and Lure of shadow and you're off
                >to the races. It's been done plenty of times before, I know, but it's
                >still fun.
                >

                > > Under Consideration:
                > > Delenn/Lennier - Nightwatch (slow)
                > > Ranger deck - v-e-r-y s-l-o-w
                > > Narn Intrigue - I used to do a Tupari/Seize Advantage (also v. slow)
                >
                >Shadow Implanting Tu'Pari in an assassin deck is a great way to put Psi
                >corp characters in their place. My brother uses the transformer Delenn
                >in his Ranger deck. With cards that help to cycle it wouldn't be to bad.
                >

                > > Any ideas/links to decks (I think I've googled them all) will be
                > > welcome. Alternatively, I can send you the decks (in .xls format) if
                > > you'd like to see them.

              • David Ugorek
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 7, 2005
                  I'll go into the decks I use in a minute, but it should be noted we have a
                  few wierd rules here in Iowa. 1. All non-major agenda provide a maximum of
                  5 power.
                  2. Trent must rotate.
                  3. No Crusade piles (crusade cards okay, just no "A Crusade For..." piles.
                  [We found this became a battle of card haves vs. have nots)

                  Okay, the decks I have:

                  Human -
                  1. Sinclair led diplomatic machine [Hope of Peace]
                  2. Clark led Shadow Intregue/Military
                  3. Psi Corp Intregue

                  Minbari -
                  1. Delenn/Vorlon/Military/Diplomacy
                  2. Transformer Ranger/Intregue/Diplomacy
                  3. Neroon Military [War Footing]

                  Narn -
                  1. Speed Military
                  2. 5 card G'Kar/Nightwatch/Diplomacy
                  3. Na'Far Technomages/Diplomacy

                  Centauri -
                  1. Refa Intregue
                  2. Londo Shadow/Military
                  3. Political Londo/Diplomacy/Neutral Psi

                  Non-Aligned -
                  1. Corporate Diplomacy/Applicable Influence
                  2. Chosen of God - Pak'ma'ra Intregue/Conscription
                  3. Babylon 4/Destiny Marks
                  4. Hyach Leadership [Use Gentocracy to keep boosting Patriarch's leadership,
                  then put him on Vree Scouts to destroy freely about any fleet in the game]

                  Also, Chosen of God Drazi/Leadership also worked really well until it got
                  too boring and I scrapped it.

                  Yogi d8^)
                  http://www.geocities.com/Yogiland_Central
                • James Cartwright
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 9, 2005
                    As I only have a small selection of cards and only play amongst frends and
                    family I like to see other players deck ideas.

                    There are no CCG clubs in my area and I've never been to a tournament where
                    I've played B5.

                    When players put there deck ideas on the list it gives me a chance to test
                    out new ideas for myself, so thanks to everyone thats replyed to the deck
                    ideas thread.

                    The decks I use at the moment are -

                    Centauri - Diplomacy Londo, Build Infrastructure, Centauri Courtier, Ragesh
                    III

                    Human - Clark/Shadow

                    Narn - 5 Card G'Kar/Military

                    Minbari - Lennier Delenn/Nightwatch

                    Non-Aligned - Abbai Ambassador/Fulcrum of Power

                    Psi-Corps - Bester/Corps is Mother

                    Trying to create a Human Ranger deck that enables me to sponsor and promote
                    Entil'zha for free or little cost.

                    First used AoR when built a deck but as some people have stated it doesn't
                    create alot of interaction.

                    TTFN

                    James

                    >I must admit that I don't like Alliance of Races. It's horrible for
                    beginning
                    players because it has to be played non-interactively to work. A Human
                    Diplomacy
                    Peace deck (affirmation of peace/power with Peace in our time/Hope for Peace
                    as
                    main agenda) tends to be a lot of fun to play.

                    The affirmations are in there. My wife used AOR to learn how cards play,
                    then we switched her to Diplomacy. Same people so she knew who could do
                    what. Then Psi Corps came out & she's played them ever since.

                    > Not sure that Clark unrest does anything productive. It tends to be a
                    spoiler
                    deck in that it can stop one other person winning but never wins itself. Why
                    not
                    go with Clark/shadow? You have good intrigue and good access to shadow
                    marks.

                    The Mass Riotings knock people down and the power comes from Not Without a
                    Fight. I can't recall the card name, but there's a card that allows Lost
                    aftermaths to be played irregardless of conflict results IF unrest is "X".

                    > Londo - Shadow Cheese
                    > why play cheese? Assuming these are meant to be fun decks to play with
                    friends,
                    why play cheese. You can do a legit Centauri Int/Mil shadow deck so why not
                    do
                    that instead?

                    It's the ONLY deck my daughter will play when she was Centauri, which was
                    90% of the time. It's crap, yes indeed, but it holds memories. We used that
                    deck & the wife's AOR as "egg timers". If son & I couldn't win before they
                    did, then our decks needed work. I never did get the Seize Advantage deck to
                    win. *sigh* Guess I never will especially now that Martyr has been changed.
                    It was the first deck I designed in 98

                    > Non-aligned military is very strong and also why not look into a
                    Non-Aligned
                    Peace deck.

                    Peace deck? As in Maintain the Peace? Hmmm, that the second time that agenda
                    has been mentioned (out of 3 replies). I toyed with a Minbari start hand of
                    Neroon, Conscript, Homeworld Fleet & MtP. The idea was to get homeworld
                    fleet out, conscript a 9 mil fleet, drop the agenda & start racking up the
                    power. The idea was adapted by my son for his Full Mobilization deck.

                    Again, 2 of 3 people say Na'Far nightwatch. I'll definitely look at that. My
                    Neroon deck gets tensions down (generating power) & drops Peace in Our Time
                    for some more power. The start agenda is Path to Peace & I need the B5 vote
                    to get B5 inf up.

                    Babylon 5 CCG Community E-list.
                    Keep it fun, keep it friendly, enjoy.
                    If you have problems with the list contact me at jaxb5ranger@....

                    Also, check out www.epsilonhex.com for more information about the game!

                    To unsubscribe email:
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Ward, Charles D
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 11, 2005
                      Hmm, how about a Human-Minbari Shadow Team up? That would prove
                      interesting, *especiall* if Centauri player uses the 'non-shadow' Londo<g.>

> [...]

                      win. *sigh* Guess I never will especially now that Martyr has been changed.
                      It was the first deck I designed in 98

                      > Non-aligned military is very strong and also why not look into a
                      Non-Aligned
                      Peace deck.

                      Peace deck? As in Maintain the Peace? Hmmm, that the second time that agenda
                      has been mentioned (out of 3 replies). I toyed with a Minbari start hand of
                      Neroon, Conscript, Homeworld Fleet & MtP. The idea was to get homeworld
                      fleet out, conscript a 9 mil fleet, drop the agenda & start racking up the
                      power. The idea was adapted by my son for his Full Mobilization deck.

                      Again, 2 of 3 people say Na'Far nightwatch. I'll definitely look at that. My
                      Neroon deck gets tensions down (generating power) & drops Peace in Our Time
                      for some more power. The start agenda is Path to Peace & I need the B5 vote

                    • Alan Davison
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 11, 2005
                        > Has anyone tried making a deck using Media Mogul
                        > Agenda or Empire Builder Agenda?

                        There is always my happy clappy Narn deck. Starts with
                        5-card G'Kar, Jane, Corporate Connections, Media Mogul
                        and Media Circus.

                        Also uses a Crusade pile. All the media characters I
                        can get my hands on plus a few chunky diplomacy Narns.

                        Use the Circus to boost Jane. Keep tensions low and go
                        for conflicts like "Officer Exchange". "Hey guys, we
                        don't want to fight but if you do why not borrow our
                        highly trained personnel?"

                        A good fun deck that often has a good chance of
                        winning.

                        All the best,

                        Alan Davison.

                      • Magnus Persson
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 14, 2005
                          > > Has anyone tried making a deck using Media Mogul
                          > > Agenda or Empire Builder Agenda?

                          > There is always my happy clappy Narn deck. Starts with
                          > 5-card G'Kar, Jane, Corporate Connections, Media Mogul
                          > and Media Circus.

                          Don't be afraid to play it with Na'Far and kick in some Nightwatch - for a
                          longer game you may find yourself with a 7/7/7 Narn-loyal Cynthia Torqueman
                          who will kick some ass with three damage resistance... I am not usually one
                          for those "build on one character" decks, but since most Media stuff move
                          around quite easily you won't be affected by a single character going
                          bye-bye.

                          > Also uses a Crusade pile. All the media characters I
                          > can get my hands on plus a few chunky diplomacy Narns.

                          > Use the Circus to boost Jane. Keep tensions low and go
                          > for conflicts like "Officer Exchange". "Hey guys, we
                          > don't want to fight but if you do why not borrow our
                          > highly trained personnel?"

                          Keeping tensions low has another side when playing Na'Far - power comes a
                          little easier if you can keep Mary Anne alive... Honestly, the back side of
                          Media is the extremely costly power, so anything you can do to gain an extra
                          influence or so is welcome, i.e. a Trade Pact or even Short Term Goals (if
                          there is no Dureena in sight...)

                          > A good fun deck that often has a good chance of
                          > winning.

                          The fun part about Media decks is that no one expects you to win since
                          everybody "knows" Media characters basically sucks - a supposition that has
                          won me two games with the same idea although two players had seen it
                          played... The tactics are fairly clear - sneak up on 20, that's the deal.
                          Good luck!

                          Magnus

                          Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
                          voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

                          Babylon 5 CCG Community E-list.
                          Keep it fun, keep it friendly, enjoy.
                          If you have problems with the list contact me at jaxb5ranger@....

                          Also, check out www.epsilonhex.com for more information about the game!

                          To unsubscribe email:

                          _____

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                          * Visit your group "b5ccglist
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/b5ccglist> " on the web.

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          _____

                        • Ward, Charles D
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 15, 2005
                            Here's an interesting Human deck idea; Starting Hand Capt. Sheridan; with
                            En'Til'Za(SP), Contact the Vorlons, Muster Support, Warlock Destroyers in
                            your hand. Make sure John Sheridan is near top so you can pull him out
                            early(sneaky, I know)to replace Capt. Sheridan, then use Contact the Vorlons
                            to give Sheridan 2 Vorlon Marks. Build to 10, then use(my mind is a
                            blank-that other card to give Sheridan a Vorlon Mark, then bring En'Til'Za
                            on board(which will possibly infuriate the Minbarki faction)then bring the
                            Warlock Destroyers on. Thus giving you a ship, and a leader.
                            CW

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 17, 2005
                              > Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:30:56 -0400
                              > From: "Ward, Charles D" <WardCD@...>
                              > Subject: RE: Deck Ideas
                              >
                              > Here's an interesting Human deck idea; Starting Hand
                              > Capt. Sheridan; with
                              > En'Til'Za(SP), Contact the Vorlons, Muster Support,
                              > Warlock Destroyers in
                              > your hand. Make sure John Sheridan is near top so
                              > you can pull him out
                              > early(sneaky, I know)to replace Capt. Sheridan, then
                              > use Contact the Vorlons
                              > to give Sheridan 2 Vorlon Marks. Build to 10, then
                              > use(my mind is a
                              > blank-that other card to give Sheridan a Vorlon
                              > Mark, then bring En'Til'Za
                              > on board(which will possibly infuriate the Minbarki
                              > faction)then bring the
                              > Warlock Destroyers on. Thus giving you a ship, and a
                              > leader.

                              Apart from the "sneaky" bit, (shame on you!) This
                              won't work 'cos your using 5-card Capt Sheridan which
                              means you have to pay 10 influence to replace with
                              Johnny.

                              All the best,

                              Alan Davison.

                            • Ward, Charles D
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 20, 2005
                                Nooo, I'm using the *other* Capt. Sheridan..

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 21, 2005
                                  > From: "Ward, Charles D" <WardCD@...>
                                  > Subject: RE: Deck Ideas
                                  >
                                  > Nooo, I'm using the *other* Capt. Sheridan..
                                  >
                                  > > Here's an interesting Human deck idea; Starting
                                  > Hand
                                  > > Capt. Sheridan; with
                                  > > En'Til'Za(SP), Contact the Vorlons, Muster
                                  > Support,Warlock Destroyers in your hand.

                                  Then you're being 'double sneaky' as your opening hand
                                  appears to have 5 cards! 8-)

                                  All the best,

                                  Alan Davison.

                                • Ward, Charles D
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 21, 2005
                                    Alan...

                                    Nooo.. En'Til'Za' is in my pile, awaiting the time Sheridan has three Vorlon
                                    marks so that he may be brought out. Then bring out "Warlock Destroyers"
                                    and you have a ship *and* a leader...
                                    Charles