Looking for Deck Ideas

  • Andrew G. Littlefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
      Anyone have any ideas for Human or Centauri decks? I am just starting to
      play again after 3 yrs and am looking for some ideas. My old decks had a
      Crusade Crusade deck with the humans and a Legacy Crusade deck with the
      Centauri.

      Andy
    • jackalope
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
        > Anyone have any ideas for Human or Centauri decks?
        > I am just starting to
        > play again after 3 yrs and am looking for some
        > ideas. My old decks had a
        > Crusade Crusade deck with the humans and a Legacy
        > Crusade deck with the
        > Centauri.
        >
        > Andy

        Well, if you come play on gEngine -
        www.ccgworkshop.com - which offers online play with
        all sets, including two new ones - Anla'shoka and The
        Vorlons, there's a ton of new deck archetypes and
        tweaks to existing ones.

        Now that I've got the mandatory plug out of the way...

        Centauri Valarius can do insane amounts of military,
        which couple nicely with Onslaught or (my personal
        favorite) Open Aggression (which you can play in while
        in the ISA, oddly enough). There's always good old
        Centauri Intrigue/Diplomacy.

        Humans can do a number of things well - Diplomacy,
        Intrigue, Psi. or Military. Human replacement/destiny
        decks can be very powerful, as can their close
        relative, Crusade (Crusade) decks.

        Another interesting deck you might want to try if
        you're not afraid to go out on a limb is a 'decking'
        deck. The main combo is Visions in Time + Galen's
        Crystal Ball + Alfred Bester. You'll need
        techno-mages and Seereeses as well.

        =====
        Binky

        Biggest, Baddest of the Jackalopes