Re: [B5CCG] Tournament, November 23rd

  • DAVID MCARTHUR
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
      hate to interject it being a long time since I've even made my presence
      known, people it's been a couple of bad years all over some of us, are now
      homeless, out of jobs, no family, & running really low on cash funs lets,
      hear something a little up beat.

      >From: "Manuel Tuthill" <B5@...>

      , >
      >Bill,
      >
      >Sorry to hear that it didn't go according to plan, but I'm not desperately
      >surprised. I think that unfortunately this is the future of B5, even here
      >in
      >the UK where we have 50 million people within 5/6 hours drive of a event we
      >will be lucky to hit double figures. Just 7 people are registered for the
      >un"official" B5 national championships, Where as once 40/50 would have been
      >the norm. I hear Neil is hoping to hit a dozen but that might be a little
      >hopeful.
      >
      >It seems that Precedence have really missed the boat if they wanted to sell
      >the B5 CCG IP, as the people who were most likely to play have left and
      >they
      >will probably be very hard to recruit again. All in all it's a shame, I've
      >really enjoyed B5 and hope that I enjoy it for years to come the problem is
      >that it's getting harder and harder to get a game as old players leave and
      >harder and harder to recruit new players.
      >
      >Anyway just a bit of a ramble.
      >
      >Manuel

      Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
      FREE McAfee online computer scan!
    • Bill & Tara Lydick
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2003
        On a more positive note, I will be running the B5 tournaments at Origins
        2004 in Columbus, OH (USA) again (June 24-27). There! I've said it!
        Nobody can tell me I didn't give them enough warning.

        I expect that we will have at least 15-20 players this year, with the
        core 12 from 2003, plus any swap-overs who hated GenCon as much as I
        did.

        Hope to see some of you all there.

        Bill

        DAVID MCARTHUR wrote:

        > hate to interject it being a long time since I've even made my presence
        > known, people it's been a couple of bad years all over some of us, are now
        > homeless, out of jobs, no family, & running really low on cash funs lets,
        > hear something a little up beat.

      • Albert Vest
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
          On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:20:47 -0500
          Bill & Tara Lydick <lydick@...> wrote:

          > On a more positive note, I will be running the B5 tournaments at Origins
          > 2004 in Columbus, OH (USA) again (June 24-27). There! I've said it!
          > Nobody can tell me I didn't give them enough warning.
          >
          > I expect that we will have at least 15-20 players this year, with the
          > core 12 from 2003, plus any swap-overs who hated GenCon as much as I
          > did.

          If I still have a pulse then, I'll plan to be there.

          > Also, check out www.epsilonhex.com for more information about the game!

          What will it take to get some updates going? Pay pal donations? Also, how do I submit changes to my epsilonhex registration (I've moved)?

          Thanks,

          --
          Albert Vest, al vest at earth link dot net
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2003
            > > Also, check out www.epsilonhex.com for more information about the
            game!

            > What will it take to get some updates going? Pay pal donations?
            Also, how do I submit changes to my epsilonhex registration (I've
            moved)?

            When Paul Brown and whoever else controls the rights to the game lead us
            along then suddenly mentioned that someone else had veto power and
            decided the IP was not for sale, it pretty much took all the momentum
            out of the group. That, and several real life issues that have kept
            most of the groups leaders focused on other things.

            It was a good idea, but without the legitimacy that owning the IP
            provided I just don't think the resolve was there to push on with it.
            It was becoming a time and money pit with no real return on investment
            of either.

            Ed
            Once Again... Ranger in Exile...