Re: Elder races where are you?

  • Alan Davison
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      > > 1. Example: Player 1declares a Nightwatch
      > conflict from his Agenda (OOPF) ,
      > > Player 2 declares no conflict, Player 3 declares a
      > conflict (face down
      > > card), Player 4 declares no conflict.
      > >
      > > When does a) the type of conflict have to be
      > declared (where there is a
      > > choice, such as in OOPF) and b) the target of the
      > conflict have to be
      > > declared? Are these at declaration or in
      > initiative order once other
      > > conflicts have been revealed ?
      > >
      > When a conflict is revealed, all aspects of the
      > conflict (save those
      > specifically mentioned to be chosen during
      > resolution) are selected. Thus,
      > the type & target of the OOPF is selected before
      > player 3 reveals their
      > conflict card.

      But note that the conflict card must have been chosen
      before the exact nature of the OOPF conflict is
      declared.

      > > 2. Genius Loci is participating in a conflict
      > (leading Exodus). Player B
      > > rotates a leader to lead a fleet which later goes
      > on to participate in that
      > > conflict. Does the leader then take damage, ie is
      > he considered to have
      > > rotated to participate in the conflict? What would
      > be the case if the fleet
      > > were already in the conflict and he tehn rotated
      > to lead it?
      > >
      > The difficulty here is the 'rotate to participate'
      > term. When you rotate
      > to lead a fleet, it does not directly imply that the
      > leader is
      > participating. I would rule that leaders do not take
      > damage due to Genius Loci.

      I agree with your logic although I wonder about
      leaders being considered partisipants for the purposes
      of aftermaths?

      > > 3. The Aftermath 'Abandoned' is played on a
      > character. Does he still count
      > > as 'mighty' for the agenda Support of the Mighty?
      > >
      > Abandoned refers to ignoring the *effects* of
      > *other* cards on the
      > *target*. So you could not promote a character for
      > the reduced cost from
      > Support of the Mighty, but that does not change the
      > fact that Support of
      > the Mighty can give you +1 power if he is ready. The
      > character ignores the
      > effects of Support of the Mighty. Support of the
      > Mighty, however, does not
      > ignore the character.

      Point taken but SotM allows a discount to sponsering
      mighty characters, not promoting them.

      =====
      All the best,

      Alan Davison.

      Yahoo! Plus
      For a better Internet experience
      http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
    • Steven Crane
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        ...The difficulty here is the 'rotate to participate' term. When you rotate
        to lead a fleet, it does not directly imply that the leader is
        participating. I would rule that leaders do not take damage due to Genius
        Loci...

        ...I agree with your logic although I wonder about leaders being considered
        partisipants for the purposes of aftermaths?...

        Possibly this is a question of order:

        - A character that rotates to lead a ready fleet is definitely not
        "rotating to participate" although he may become a participant if the fleet
        later rotates.

        - A character that rotates to lead a participant fleet probably should be
        considered to be "rotating to participate" as his Action will make him a
        participant in exactly the same way that "rotating to support", "rotating
        to oppose" or "rotating to attack" would.

        ---Steven