Crusade Pile?

  • lwmarti
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      Can someone explain to me (who have been out of touch for quite a
      while) what exactly a Crusade Pile is? Did this concept come with the
      Crusade expansion?
    • Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
        > Can someone explain to me (who have been out of touch for quite a
        > while) what exactly a Crusade Pile is? Did this concept come with the
        > Crusade expansion?

        You are correct sir, they were introduced in the "Crusade" expansion.
        Basically, it's a second deck made of thematically-related cards.
        It's really complicated and probably wouldn't have been worthwhile in the
        long run, except that they lost the license and the company went under
        anyway.

        "I want to be the kind of boy you are, thought Bean. But I don't want to
        go through what you've been to get there...I don't want to have to go
        through what I've gone through to get here, either."

        - Orson Scott Card, "Ender's Shadow."
      • justin@justinnichols.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
          > You are correct sir, they were introduced in the "Crusade" expansion.
          > Basically, it's a second deck made of thematically-related cards.
          > It's really complicated and probably wouldn't have been worthwhile in
          the
          > long run, except that they lost the license and the company went under
          > anyway.

          From what I hear from a friend of mine who kept up with the development
          of the expansions, the Anla'shok expansion was going to make Corporate
          a faction. So it wouldn't necessarily have been not worthwhile. Take a
          look
          at Archaeologist D. Taylor from Crusade..it's obvious they were planning
          something for Corporate since I don't know of any way to make any
          Corporate
          character an ambassador.

          Archaeologist D. Taylor
          D 2
          I 1
          L 1
          Neutral Character
          Corporate. This character may act as an Ambassador's Assistant for your
          ambassador if your ambassador is Corporate. This character gains +2 to
          all
          abilities while participating in an Explorer conflict.

          -----
          Justin Nichols

        • Perryman, Darren (DTF)
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
            Unless of course you are playing with some of the Brakiri Ambassadors.

            Yabc Ftoba (Cost 7)
            Brakiri Ambassador. Corporate. As an action, rotate Yabc Ftoba and apply 4
            influence to search your deck for a Brakiri Ambassador and take it into your
            hand. Or rotate Yabc Ftoba as an action and apply 8 influence to search your
            deck for any Brakiri character or fleet and take it into your hand.

            Kullenbrak (Cost 7)
            Brakiri Ambassador. Corporate. Apply 5 influence and target another player
            who gained influence from an event this turn. The target loses 1 influence
            and you gain +1 influence. You may only target each player with this effect
            once per turn.

            > You are correct sir, they were introduced in the "Crusade" expansion.
            > Basically, it's a second deck made of thematically-related cards.
            > It's really complicated and probably wouldn't have been worthwhile in
            the
            > long run, except that they lost the license and the company went under
            > anyway.

            From what I hear from a friend of mine who kept up with the development
[...]

            Babylon 5 CCG Community E-list.
            No Trades, Auctions or Solicitations are allowed.
            Keep it fun, keep it friendly, enjoy.
            Contact us for problems with the list at support@...

          • justin@justinnichols.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
              Yes that's true. I forgot about the NA Corporate people. Interesting
              that they brought in Corporate in WoF :-)

              --
              Justin

              > You are correct sir, they were introduced in the "Crusade" expansion.
              > Basically, it's a second deck made of thematically-related cards.
              > It's really complicated and probably wouldn't have been worthwhile in
              the
              > long run, except that they lost the license and the company went under
              > anyway.

              >From what I hear from a friend of mine who kept up with the development
              of the expansions, the Anla'shok expansion was going to make Corporate
              a faction. So it wouldn't necessarily have been not worthwhile. Take a
              look
              at Archaeologist D. Taylor from Crusade..it's obvious they were planning
              something for Corporate since I don't know of any way to make any
              Corporate
              character an ambassador.

              Archaeologist D. Taylor
              D 2
              I 1
              L 1
              Neutral Character
              Corporate. This character may act as an Ambassador's Assistant for your
              ambassador if your ambassador is Corporate. This character gains +2 to
              all
              abilities while participating in an Explorer conflict.

              -----
              Justin Nichols

              Babylon 5 CCG Community E-list.
              No Trades, Auctions or Solicitations are allowed.
              Keep it fun, keep it friendly, enjoy.
              Contact us for problems with the list at support@...

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/