The ghost of Quechula

  • richard perry
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Briefly last month, the 16th century Dominican church of Santiago
      Quechula in northern Chiapas re-emerged briefly from the
      temporarily receding waters behind the Malpaso dam - an almost
      miraculous apparition in the eyes of many former residents of
      this long abandoned pueblo.

      Our October page focuses this event, and on what is known of this
      distinctive but poorly documented early colonial monument.

      Note: Espada=F1a Press will host a book exhibit at the forthcoming
      UCLA Maya Weekend, October 5th & 6th 2002. We look forward to
      meeting aficionados there.

      ESPADANA PRESS
      Exploring Colonial Mexico
      http://www.colonial-mexico.com/Chiapas/quechula.html