Ma: El Peru/Tikal

  • Luis Lopes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2001
      Hi,

      I have two questions for which I would like to
      ask your help.

      [1] is there a dynastic sequence for El Peru.
      Since it is a major site and quite a few monuments
      are known from there I was wondering what is
      the current knowledge on its dynastic sequence.

      [2] why was temple 35 in the Tikal North Acropolis
      never the subject of a full investigation/dig ? Martin &
      Grube speculate that this may be a possible location
      for Nuun u jol chaak's tomb. Given that Animal-Skull was
      buried in #32 and that #35 breaks the symmetry of the
      main axis of the north acropolis it is only fair to
      think that it is of later construction. Right ?

      Thanks for putting up with me ;-)

      Luis