Me: initiation ceremonies

  • D. M. Urquidi
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 5:56 AM
      Marion's mom.

      I checked Sahagun and found that they are not yanking the ears
      but instead they are piercing the ears of both boys and girls as
      initiation for the process of "growing up". For when they were
      old enought to wear ear plugs (boys) or earrings (girls). There
      was a big festival for the event in the household.

      This would make sense for the cactus and maguey also. Scratching
      the surface to make it ooze meant it was time for harvesting the
      syrupy substance and when collected, the plants grew better.

      DMU

      D. M. Urquidi
      dmu Ink
      P.O. Box 49485 - Austin, TX 78765-9485