Ma: Calendar Correlations

  • N.A.F. McNelly
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 1998

      Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of
      any current article on the pro and cons of the 584,285 vs.
      584,283 correlations?

      Thanks,
      Nancy (just back from Greenland)
    • N.A.F. McNelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 1998
        Thanks to the many of you who have answered my question.
      • WF McGee
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 1998

          Hi,
          along these general lines what is the thinking of the 72 haab
          26,280 days. is there any reference at Copan?

          Will McGee
        • Marino Fernandez Martinez
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 1998

            I notized that when you compare Long Count dates in Sharer's
            "The Ancient Maya" 5th ed. to Schele's "The Code of Kings", although there
            are many discrepancies, the most frequent by far is that in Shele's
            book, Long Count Dates are 2 days "sliped back". Is this because Sharer is
            using the 584283 correlation, and Shele the 584285?. Well, the answer seem
            obvious now. I'll apreciate some coment on that and/or a bibliography on
            this matters.

            Marino Fernandez
            Emory University
            Medicine Department