Re: Me, No: Tawiskal, II

  • Clifford T. Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 1998
      Dear Listeros:

      I have to agree with John Justeson's evaluation of Dr. Rudes' comments. I
      thought Dr. Rudes' remarks were quite notably and distinctly nasty and were
      out of place.

      I was surprized that Drs. Hoopes and McCafferty would defend the tone fo
      those remarks when they are so scrupulously polite and sensitive themselves.

      I myself stopped trying to contribute anything substantive to Aztlan a long
      time ago I found that because offering professional information, unpublished
      data, and long experience in Mesoamerican archaeology only got me flamed.
      It isn't worth it for me.

      All the best,

      Clifford
      Clifford T. Brown
    • Michael Mccafferty
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 1998
        Dear Listeros,

        As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I take full responsiblity for this
        little affair as Blair's remarks were directed TO ME, not to Justeson. I
        forwarded Blair's message to the list as I thought it contained useful
        information (and many have acknowledged that it did) while not thinking of
        the egos it would hurt. I've been dining on crow ever since. Fact, it's
        starting to taste good.

        There is a simple rule of thumb that states that when a person gets REALLY
        UPSET by what people say, then there is indeed something that person
        is not facing.

        With that said, allow me to get back to trying to establish the existence
        of loan words from Nahuatl to Eskimo. 'Snow' looks promising.

        Best,

        Michael