PFLP attacks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2003
      Well I guess that's the PFLP's response to the Cairo conference.

      Here are two military communiques issued today by the
      Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. So far
      I have seen no confirmation of their content on
      al-Jazeera, but perhaps later.

      -----------------------------------

      Military Communiqu� issued by the Martyr Abu Ali
      Mustafa Brigades, the Forces of the Palestinian
      Popular Resistance.

      After the Martyr Wadi Haddad Engineering Unit of the
      Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, the military wing of
      the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,
      developed a guided smart bomb, the Martyr Muhammad
      Saadat Detachment succeeded in using this bomb to blow
      up a Zionist vehicle that, together with a number of
      bulldozers and other Zionist vehicles backed up by
      helicopters, had advanced on Palestinian controlled
      areas. The attack occurred at approximately 11:40
      this morning, Friday, 24 January 2003 on the Salah
      al-Din Highway west of the city of Bayt Hanoun. The
      Zionist vehicle was entirely destroyed and those
      aboard killed or injured.

      These operations come as the response by the Martyr
      Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades � the military wing of the
      Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine � to the
      continuing crimes of the occupation against the masses
      of our people throughout all the Palestinian
      territories, the most recent of which were the
      martyrdom of a number of Palestinians in the City of
      Nablus, the destruction of a number of houses in
      al-Zaytoun District and the City of Rafah, and their
      firing upon a church in the City of Gaza.

      We pledge to you that we will continue the armed
      resistance in all its forms until the occupation is
      expelled and a fully sovereign Palestinian state is
      established with Jerusalem as its capital, and until
      the Palestinian refugees have returned.

      Glory to the Martyrs!

      Victory to the Intifada and the Resistance!

      We will surely win!

      Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades
      Military Wing of the Popular Front for the Liberation
      of Palestine
      24 January 2003.

      Second Military Communiqu�
      Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades,
      The Forces of the Palestinian Popular Resistance,
      Swearing to burn the ground over the feet of the
      Zionist Invaders!

      Several hours after the operation carried out around
      noon today, the Detachments Named for the Martyrs
      al-Ra`i and al-`Akkawi of the Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa
      Brigades, the military wing of the Popular Front for
      the Liberation of Palestine, were able to blow up a
      second explosive, of the same type as the first one,
      under a Zionist Merkavah tank. This second operation
      took place at exactly 5:15 Palestine time this
      evening, Friday, 24 January 2003 on the Salah al-Din
      Highway west of the City of Bayt Hanoun. Members of
      the two detachments and eye-witnesses stated that the
      attack destroyed the transport completely, killing or
      wounding those aboard.

      This second operation and all the resistance
      operations come as the response by the Martyr Abu Ali
      Mustafa Brigades � the military wing of the Popular
      Front for the Liberation of Palestine � to the
      continuing crimes of the occupation against the masses
      of our people in the Palestinian territories, the most
      recent of which were the martyrdom of four
      Palestinians in the City of Nablus, the destruction of
      a number of houses in al-Zaytoun District and the City
      of Rafah, and their firing upon a Christian church in
      Gaza, home city of the martyr Muhammad al-Aswad, the
      Guevara of Gaza.

      As we pledge to you that we will continue the intifada
      and armed resistance in all its forms until the
      Zionist invaders are expelled and a fully sovereign
      Palestinian state is established with Jerusalem as its
      capital, and until the Palestinian refugees have
      returned, we warn anyone who might be tempted against
      trying to lay false claim to the triumphant operations