Re: an example of American freedom

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24 9:20 PM
      >Dear Kevin,
      >
      >About the arrest of this man at the checkpoint: I think the guy should
      >have cooperated with police and showed his license like he was asked.
      >Why make such a big deal out of it? If he keeps asking questions and
      >do not do as the police say, then it appears he is trying to hide something.
      >It's really not his concern why the authorities were setting up such
      >a checkpoint. In generaly, I would say one should obey law enfocement in
      >nearly all circumstances. The only exception for me to disobey law
      >eforcement is when they ask me to do something I consider immoral or
      >unethical. And that would be extremely rare in this country in everyday
      >life (unlike in the fiction of movies) Law enforcement has
      >every right to request display of photo I.D. They don't have to give
      >a reason.
      >
      >Chris

      Dear Chris,

      I think you should study something called the fourth ammendment to the
      Bill of Rights. Supposedly the cops aren't supposed to be able to
      stop us, check our IDs and search us without probable cause that we have
      committed some offense. If we don't assert our constitutional rights,
      we're at risk of losing them.

      Yours,