PFLP declaration

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11 5:56 PM
      A note to the Arizona Secular Humanists, the PFLP, the People's
      Front for the Liberation of Palestine, is the only armed resistance
      group in Palestine that is non-religious. It is a Marxist-Leninist
      group that is secular and dialectical materialist.

      In other news, first, it seems that the US has already
      agreed to let the shipment of 12 "scud" missiles fromt
      the DPRK continue to Yemen.

      The fact that they've agreed to "do the right thing"
      so fast is disturbing. I suppose it means that they
      know that Yemen is now "trustworthy" unfortunately.

      Otherwise, here is a statement from the Political
      Bureau of the Popular Front for the Liberation of
      Palestine on the 35th Anniversary of the PFLP. The
      main link to this statement is corrupted on their
      website home page, but I found it in another section.
      Apparently they had mistakenly typed the link with
      some capital letters and the computer system is
      case-sensitive and so won't accept the "reference."
      As I say, I found the link elsewhere on the site.

      ---------------

      Political Declaration
      On the Occasion of the Thirty-Fifth Anniversary of the
      Launch of the Popular Front for the Liberation of
      Palestine.

      To the masses of our embattled Palestinian people in
      the homeland and in every refuge and place of
      dispersal!

      To the masses of our glorious Arab Nation!

      On the Eleventh of December 1967 from the heart of the
      sufferings of the heroic Palestinian Arab people there
      emerged the Popular Front for the Liberation of
      Palestine as one form of response to the defeat of the
      5th of June. Today we light the 35th candle on the
      path of its triumphant and on-going struggle towards
      the liberation of Palestine. Thirty-five years during
      which the Popular Front has shed waterfalls of blood
      and given caravans of martyrs and prisoners in defense
      of the most just and most sacred cause of this age.

      The Popular Front has affirmed through its glorious
      militant march that it is a party of martyrs and of
      leaders willing to sacrifice their dearest possession
      in the path of the homeland and people. The blood of
      the heroic leaders � the Guevara of Gaza, Ghassan
      Kanafani, Basil al-Kubaysi, and Abu Amal � have
      watered the soil of Palestine, affirming the
      determination of the people of Palestine to continue
      the struggle and resistance until all the Palestinian
      national rights have been seized back.

      The Popular Front has given constellations of martyred
      leaders throughout the continuing heroic intifada on
      the land of Palestine. Chief among them was the
      knight of the martyrs, the great Palestinian and Arab
      leader Abu Ali Mustafa, the former General Secretary
      of the Front. The Front bade farewell to the mass
      leader Comrade Ribhi Haddad as he defended his hero
      city, proud, steadfast, defiant Nablus.

      The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
      affirms to the masses of our Palestinian people and
      our Arab Nation that it will remain faithful to its
      Palestinian and Arab national principles, values, and
      aims as they were embodied by the first leaders of our
      party, in the first place by our leader and founder
      Dr. George Habash and the outstanding martyr Abu Ali
      Mustafa.

      On this occasion that is dear to our hearts and to the
      hearts of all those struggling for freedom, democracy,
      and social progress in our Arab Nation and the world,
      the PFLP affirms that it will continue its just
      struggle using every militant way and means. It
      affirms its intent to continue the march of the
      intifada and the resistance and to defeat the
      continuing American-Israeli efforts against our
      people. It will use every means to defend and
      strengthen our militant national body. We appeal to
      all honorable people in our Arab Nation and the world
      to continue giving their support and backing to our
      just and legitimate struggle against the occupation
      and its exterminationist plans to uproot our people.

      Masses of our heroic people!

      Masses of our glorious Arab Nation!

      The Palestinian cause and Arab national security now
      face immense dangers and enormous challenges as the
      American Administration prepares for total aggression
      against fraternal Iraq with the flimsiest pretexts and
      justifications, aiming at taking control of Iraq�s
      resources and oil, and at complete control of the
      region in an attempt to eliminate the Palestinian
      cause and the national rights of the Palestinian
      people.

      The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
      appeals to the Arab Nation and the Islamic Community,
      their peoples and governments, to reject the plans of
      aggression against Iraq. It affirms its stance
      entirely on the side of Iraq in its confrontation with
      the policy of aggression and arrogance.

      The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
      affirms its rejection of what is called the American
      "Road Map" that aims at wiping out and eliminating
      Palestinian national rights. It reiterates its firm
      condemnation and total rejection of the so-called Sari
      Nuseibeh Document that openly and shamelessly calls
      for abandoning the right of Palestinian refugees to
      return, and which abandons the City of Jerusalem. The
      PFLP calls on our people to resist the policy of
      concessions and suspicious calls to halt the intifada
      and armed operations against the Zionist occupation.

      We call on the masses of our people and on all of
      their patriotic and Islamic forces, on our Arab
      Nation, and all free people of the world to raise
      their voices loudly for the release of the militant
      Ahmad Saadat, the General Secretary of the Popular
      Front for the Liberation of Palestine, whose
      incarceration is no longer acceptable in any form
      whatsoever, particularly after the decision of the
      Palestinian Supreme Court calling for his release. We
      call on all the forces supporting welfare, freedom,
      and progress in the world to raise their voices to
      call for the release of more than nine thousand
      prisoners in Zionist prisons, in particular the
      militant Abd al-Rahim Mallouh, Deputy General
      Secretary of the Popular Front for the Liberation of
      Palestine.

      The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
      renews its call for the reordering of the Palestinian
      house by way of a comprehensive Palestinian national
      dialogue that includes all Palestinian forces without
      exception in order to regain Palestinian national
      unity and rebuild the institutions of the Palestine
      Liberation Organization on firm and sound political
      and organizational bases. The document that was
      discussed in the Gaza discussions forms a good basis
      for this in order to guarantee the attainment of
      comprehensive Palestinian national unity and to
      guarantee the construction of a real democratic civil
      society that puts an end to all forms of corruption
      and despotism.

      Masses of our heroic people!

      On the thirty-fifth anniversary of the launch of the
      Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine we renew
      our pledge and commitment that we will remain faithful
      to the blood of the martyrs Ra�id Nazzal, Muhannad
      Ismail Mahdi, Muhammad Saadat, Ribhi Haddad, Wadi
      Haddad, Abu Amal, Khalil al-Wazir, Fathi al-Shiqaqi,
      Abu Ali Mustafa, and to all the martyrs of our
      Palestinian people and Arab Nation. The banner will
      never fall and the intifada and resistance will
      continue until the last Israeli soldier has been
      expelled from the soil of our country.

      Glory to the Martyrs!

      Freedom to the Prisoners!

      Victory to the Revolution!

      The Political Bureau of the
      Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

      11 December 2002.

      Original Arabic text at:
      http://www.pflp-palestine.org/pop/pop-11-12-2002.html