end the media blackout

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004

      Kevin James Walsh

      Letters to the Editor
      The Arizona Republic
      Phoenix Arizona

      Dear Editor:

      You media people have no shame covering up for the Arizona Department of
      Corrections. It should be obvious that what they really fear is public
      knowledge of how bad conditions at Lewis have become and how they have
      grossly abused a public trust. These two inmates have put their lives
      in danger, and even if they come out of this alive, participating in a
      prison riot is a class two felony that could add many years to their
      sentences. They would not have done this if they were not in bitter
      earnest. They deserve to have their story told to the public, and DOC
      is afraid to allow this.

      Rather than going along with this blackout, the Arizona Republic should
      be demanding the right to interview these inmates and publish their story.
      I suspect that is all the inmates want and the only reason the standoff
      is continuing.

      Sincerely,

      Kevin Walsh

      --
      I don't mind a bit if I shoot down police
      They're lackeys for war, never guardians of peace

      from <The Patriot Game>, IRA song