a tasteless parody

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      All familiar with 1970s American television will know the tune that goes to
      this rhyme. Now that Mr. Hinkley is more at liberty than he was, should we
      tell him that Dubya has been dating Jodi Foster?

      --Kevin Walsh

      THE BRADY ACT

      Here's the story of a man named Hinkley
      Who decided to attack the president
      Whom the court sent to St. Elizabeth's
      Lunatic resident

      Here's the story of a man named Brady
      Who was having a most unlucky day
      As the president's press secretary
      He just got in the way

      When you damage the brain of a Republican
      He becomes a gun-grabber: that's a fact
      So he and his wife sought legislation
      That's the way it all became the Brady Act

      The Brady Act, the Brady Act
      That's the way it all became the Brady Act

      --
      I don't mind a bit if I shoot down police
      They're lackeys for war, never guardians of peace

      from <The Patriot Game>, IRA song