Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Iraqi Resistance Report: 22-24 December 2003.

Expand Messages
  • thekoba@aztecfreenet.org
    ================= Begin forwarded message ================= Iraqi Resistance Report for events from Monday 22 December through Wednesday, 24 December 2003.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2003
      ================= Begin forwarded message =================

      Iraqi Resistance Report for events from Monday 22
      December through Wednesday, 24 December 2003.
      Translated and/or compiled by Muhammad Abu Nasr,
      member, editorial board The Free Arab Voice.

      Monday, 22 December 2003.

      Two large explosions shook the center of the Iraqi
      capital on Monday evening but it was not immediately
      clear whether the blast had caused any casualties.

      The Iraqi Resistance escalated its attacks today
      against the occupation troops. A roadside bomb
      exploded near a US occupation military convoy Monday,
      killing two American occupation soldiers and an Iraqi
      translator collaborating with them, the US military
      said. Two other soldiers from the 1st Armored
      Division were wounded in the attack that occurred at
      about 11:45 a.m. in Baghdad.

      In Kirkuk the Iraqi Resistance detonated an explosive
      device in front of a hotel in which foreigners were
      staying. Five persons, including two security men and
      three foreigners were wounded.

      The US occupation command also admitted on Monday that
      four American occupation troops were wounded , one of
      them seriously, in the blast of an explosive device
      planted on a road near ar-Ramadi on the road to
      al-Habbaniyah. One of the soldiers, he said, had
      serious injuries to his head, while the three others
      sustained light injuries.

      An official in the Northern Oil Company said that a
      new attack had been made at an oil pipeline linking
      the Kirkuk Oilfields with the Bayji refinery causing a

      An official in the fire fighting department of the
      company said that he was, at the time of the
      interview, still unable to say whether the blast
      resulted from a bomb or some sort of missile or shell.

      The Iraqi puppet police announced that two
      unidentified armed men killed a member of the security
      apparatus of the Baathist Iraqi government on Monday
      in the center of Kirkuk. First Lieutenant Salam Jalal
      Zankanah said that Saddam Isma'il Muhammad, 38, was
      struck by five bullets in front of his house in

      In an-Najaf, southern Iraq, al-Jazeera TV reported on
      the authority of sources in the Iraqi puppet police
      that occupation troops disarmed an explosive device
      on Monday morning. The device had been planted at the
      house of 'Abd al-'Aziz al-Hakim, the head of the
      puppet so-called Interim Governing Council who is also
      the head of the Iranian-backed so-called Supreme
      Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI).

      One Iraqi citizen was killed and another injured on
      Monday when American occupation soldiers opened fire
      on them as they were leaving Tikrit, according to the
      one of the wounded Iraqis who spoke later to the
      Agence France Presse (AFP).

      US aggressor troops overnight arrested an Iraqi
      intelligence officer suspected of directing
      anti-American attacks and raided a Baghdad mosque.
      Sunday night, US occupation troops detained ex-army
      General Mumtaz al-Taji at a house in Baaqoubah, about
      30 miles north of Baghdad. "Tonight, we were on a
      mission to capture a former Iraqi intelligence service
      general who we believe is recruiting former military
      members of the Iraqi army to conduct attacks against
      US forces," Major Paul Owen of the 588th Engineer
      Battalion told Associated Press Television News. "He
      runs a very active cell in our sector, and hopefully,
      what we have done tonight is to stall some of his
      efforts," Owen said. More than 30 soldiers took part
      in the raid, in which a rifle, pistol and ammunition
      were seized. Al-Taji is not on the US occupation list
      of the 55 most wanted Iraqis. Thirteen fugitives from
      that list remain at large.

      In southern Baghdad on Sunday, soldiers backed by
      helicopter gunships surrounded the al-'Atiqah mosque,
      ordered everyone out and searched it until early
      Monday, a worker at the mosque told APTN. He said
      troops used a blowtorch to break through a metal door
      into a secure area where they found one assault rifle.
      The mosque is used by Sunni Muslims.

      In other towns, US occupation troops in tanks, Humvees
      and Bradley armored vehicles imposed curfews and
      roadblocks and went house to house, smashing through
      doors in the search for guerrillas and weapons. Among
      targeted towns are al-Fallujah, a center of resistance
      west of Baghdad; Samarra', 75 miles north of Baghdad;
      Jalulah, northwest of the capital; and Rawah near the
      western border with Syria, where aggressor troops
      cynically dubbed the raids "Operation Santa Claws."
      In Samarra', a 70-year-old man died when US aggressor
      troops put a bag over his head and prepared to detain
      him Sunday night, Iraqis said. Neighbors said Mahdi
      al-Jamal died of a heart attack.

      One person was killed during an airborne raid Sunday
      in Jalulah, on the house of a shaykh (tribal leader)
      suspected of directing local Resistance, said
      spokeswoman Major Josslyn Aberle of the 4th Infantry

      A 60-year-old woman was killed Sunday and two other
      Iraqi women injured when US aggressor soldiers blasted
      open the reinforced steel door of the woman's home,
      said Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kievenaar, who was
      directing the US aggressor Army's 3rd Armored Cavalry
      Regiment in raids in Rawah.

      In Mosul, al-Arab al-Yawm reported that two Iraqi
      citizens were wounded when a rocket-propelled grenade
      intended for an American column hit their car instead.

      Meanwhile, eyewitnesses said that a group of students
      of the University of Diyala grew angry when a number
      of American occupation troops took part in a
      basketball competition and they launched angry
      demonstrations rejecting the presence of the American
      occupation forces in their country.

      US aggressor troops have since Sunday been carrying
      out raids and house-to-house searches in the city of
      al-Fallujah. US occupation forces closed of the
      districts of ash-Shuhada', ar-Rusafi, and Nazal in the
      center of al-Fallujah and began raiding the isolated
      residential areas.

      Ahmad 'Adnan, a resident of al-Muhandisin neighborhood
      said "the American forces arrested my father,
      Lieutenant Colonel 'Adnan 'Abd al-Latif Isma'il who
      was an officer in the last border center in the
      Taribil district on the Iraqi-Jordanian border. They
      also arrested my brother Mu'idd who is 20 years old
      and a university student."

      Another source who preferred to remain anonymous said
      "the American forces also arrested 'Abd al-Majid
      Hammadi, a member of the branch of the Baath Party.
      The American forces are searching for Baathists and
      army officers and for weapons in house-to-house
      searches and they are not letting anyone at all to
      come out or go in during their searches." He added
      that the Americans were using loudspeakers to call on
      the people of al-Fallujah to capture what they called
      "terrorists and criminals," and they are promising
      rewards. The US occupation forces are distributing
      leaflets advertising a reward for anyone who informs
      on a 'terrorist'.

      In Baghdad, the US occupation military authorities
      have resorted to force and threats of force to cope
      with a severe fuel shortage caused by persistent
      attacks by Iraqi Resistance, determined to deny the
      occupation the benefits of profits from Iraqi oil. US
      occupation forces put out flyers threatening to jail
      people who sell gasoline on the black market. The
      flyers cited new laws providing for confiscation of
      the goods, fines of double the value of the goods and
      jail sentences of three to 10 years. An official in
      the puppet administration was quoted on Sunday as
      admitting that capacity production at Iraq's
      refineries had been cut in half by Resistance attacks
      (See Iraqi Resistance Report for Sunday, 21 December

      Sources: al-Arab al-Yawm, daily newspaper, Amman,
      Jordan, Tuesday, 23 December 2003.

      Tuesday, 22 December 2003.

      Iraqi Resistance fighters attacked an American
      aggressor patrol in the center of Mosul on Tuesday,
      wounding one US occupation soldier, according to an
      American military occupation spokesman. Eye witnesses
      said that a man opened machine gun fire on the
      American patrol and then departed in a car. The
      witness said that the attacker drove at high speed
      and, as a result collided with another car, whereupon
      he jumped out of his car and escaped on foot. US
      occupation soldiers found a weapon in the car he had

      Prominent Turcoman Judge Yusuf Khurshid was shot to
      death by "unknown attackers" in the city of Mosul
      during Monday to Tuesday night, according to an
      officer in the puppet police.

      The Iraqi Resistance attacked a US military convoy
      delivering occupation currency newly issued by the
      invading forces to a bank in Mosul. One person
      described by the Agence France Presse (AFP) as a
      "private security firm employee" working for the
      American occupation was wounded in the attack. A
      rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) hit a Humvee, wounding
      an employee from Global Security, which is under
      contract to the coalition to accompany shipments of
      the new currency around Iraq, said Major Hugh Cate of
      the 101st Airborne. The man, whose nationality was
      not known, was rushed to a combat hospital after the

      Brigadier General 'Ali 'Abbud Salim, the general
      director of the puppet police for the protection of
      installations in an-Najaf said that his men discovered
      on Tuesday an artillery piece trained on the offices
      of the Iranian-backed collaborationist so-called
      Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
      (SCIRI) which is led by 'Abd al-'Aziz al-Hakim. He
      said that although his men were able to take control
      of the artillery piece, they were unable to capture
      the person who put it in place.

      One Iraqi puppet policeman was wounded when he tried
      to break up clashes between Arab, Kurdish, and
      Turcoman students. Sources in the Iraqi puppet police
      said that three Kurdish students were arrested and one
      Turcoman in the aftermath of these clashes that took
      place at the Kirkuk Technical Institute between
      Kurdish students on one side and Turcoman and Arab
      students on the other. According to the puppet police
      report, the clashes broke out when Kurdish students
      refused to raise the Iraqi national flag during a New
      Year celebration. The Kurds objected to the words
      "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") which are
      emblazoned on the flag in keeping with the addition
      made by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein during the
      period of the 1990-1991 30-nation aggression against
      Iraq. These clashes also followed demonstrations by
      Kurds in Kirkuk in recent days calling for the
      ethnically mixed, but oil-rich, city to be added to
      the Kurdistan region that lies to the north of the

      As a result of the dispute, the Director of the
      Institute canceled the celebration and called for all
      the Iraqi, Kurdish, flags and that of the Turcoman
      Front to be taken down. But the Kurdish students
      refused to bring down their flag and attacked one
      member of the police force, which act impelled the
      police to arrest a number of the students.

      US occupation forces claim to have arrested 16 Iraqi
      Resistance fighters in the city of Kirkuk, in the
      north of the occupied country. Colonel Khattab 'Abd
      Allah 'Aref, puppet emergency police director in
      Kirkuk, said that the American occupation forces
      supported by individual members of the Iraqi puppet
      police, arrested armed Resistance fighters after they
      obtained information that they were planning
      operations against the main base of the US occupation
      forces in the city.

      Elsewhere, sources within the puppet police reported
      that the American occupation troops had arrested 20
      members of an Islamic group led by 'Ali Babir in
      Kirkuk on suspicion that they are supporters of the
      Ansar al-Islam Islamist organization that is fighting
      against the occupation. US occupation forces arrested
      Babir himself in July.

      In Baaqubah, US occupation forces claim to have
      arrested three armed Resistance fighters, among them
      one man whom they describe as the head of a cell that
      was in contact with the Deputy Chairman of the
      Revolution Command Council of Iraq, 'Izzat Ibrahim

      American Lieutenant Colonel William Adamson said that
      the three prisoners are members of "extremist
      religious organizations" and claimed that they had
      carried out attacks in the cities of Baaqubah,
      al-Fallujah, and ar-Ramadi. Adamson also claimed that
      the US invader forces had discovered another cell that
      he described as "important", four of whose members had
      been taken prisoner. Adamson described one of those
      men as a high-ranking officer in the former Iraqi
      intelligence service, but gave no further details.

      An Iraqi puppet police official said that puppet
      so-called Civil Defense units disarmed an explosive
      device in the center of Baaqubah. He said that "the
      device weighed 10kg and was of a remote-controlled
      type that usually targets American soldiers."

      Hospital sources report that ten elderly persons have
      been admitted to hospital after taking part in a
      general hunger strike in the city of Kirkuk to demand
      the release of their relatives being held by the
      American occupation forces. About 65 people, most of
      them women, on Sunday began a hunger strike in front
      of the Iraqi Institute for Human Rights in Kirkuk to
      demand the release of 1,500 individuals whom the
      American occupation authorities have held since they
      occupied the country in April.

      According to the Jordanian newspaper al-Arab al-Yawm,
      personnel of the Iraqi puppet police are beginning to
      question their role in occupied Iraq in a situation in
      which they are targets for the Iraqi Resistance.

      A puppet police Lieutenant al-Qaysi, working in the
      ad-Durah puppet police station in Baghdad which was
      the target for a Resistance operation at the end of
      October that left 35 people dead, said "I feel afraid
      every day when I come to work." The walls of the
      building in which Lieutenant al-Qaysi works are still
      splattered with the bloodstains of those who were
      wounded and died in October, and he and his colleagues
      must enter the building over a rough path laid down
      over the crater left by the Resistance bomb. Birds
      have come to nest in the badly damaged building.

      The puppet police force has a crucial role to play in
      the American occupation's scheme for Iraq as the
      invaders hope to reduce their military presence in the
      country and hand over many of their tasks of
      repressing the populace to local agents. But the
      Iraqi puppet police are finding that this "crucial
      role" is fraught with deadly dangers.

      Puppet police Lieutenant 'Ammar Salman said that the
      Iraqi police had little to do before the fall of the
      Saddam Hussein regime, "but now when we are doing
      something they blow us up and assassinate us."

      To try to prop up plummeting morale, US Proconsul L.
      Paul Bremer promised a "danger bonus" to all puppet
      policemen who have become a favorite target of the
      Iraqi Resistance.

      Nevertheless recent weeks have seen a rising wave of
      resignations from the puppet security forces, with
      about 300 men resigning from the first brigade of the
      new puppet Iraqi Army, before even finishing their
      training and deployment.

      Meanwhile, Polish President Alexander Kwaszniewski who
      visited Polish troops fighting for the Americans in
      occupied Iraq said on Tuesday that the multinational
      occupation forces which are operating under Polish
      command could possibly begin a "gradual withdrawal"
      beginning in the year 2005.

      Special Report: Ahmad Chelebi proposed partition of
      Iraq in meeting with Bush.

      Ahmad Sabri, the Baghdad correspondent for the
      Jordanian daily al-Arab al-Yawm, writes as follows in
      the Wednesday, 24 December 2003 edition of the paper:

      A source in contact with the Iraqi Governing Council
      has disclosed details of the meeting that the American
      President George Bush had during his secret visit to
      Iraq with a number of members of the Iraqi Governing
      Council, in particular as concerns the outlines for
      the new Iraqi entity. The source, who preferred to
      remain anonymous told "al-Arab al-Yawm" that one of
      the leaders of the Iraqi parties represented in the
      Iraqi Governing Council who was among the group of
      people who met Bush proposed the partition of Iraq
      into four formations, on the basis of Iraqi society's
      national and religious situation, in the framework of
      a new federal arrangement.

      The source explained that the new Iraq, according to
      that proposal would be made up of a Shiite entity
      embracing the southern provinces and a Sunni entity
      that would include a part of Baghdad and the provinces
      of the west of Iraq. The Kurds were to have an entity
      made up of the northern provinces. Baghdad itself,
      according to the proposal, would become a greater
      capital with a special status in which all elements in
      Iraqi society would have a share.

      Although the source would not disclose what Bush's
      response to the proposal was, he did say that the
      American President promised to study the proposal.
      The source also disclosed that the name of the man who
      proposed the partition of Iraq was Ahmad Chelebi,
      chief of the so-called Iraqi National Congress.

      It will be remembered that this matter is on the minds
      of sectors of Iraqi public opinion and has impelled
      six Iraqi political parties to form a preparatory
      council to work out a proposal for the formation of a
      broad national front to respond to the needs of the
      new stage.

      "Al-Arab al-Yawm" has learned that the parties
      referred to above are:

      1. The Arab National Current, represented by
      2. The Arab Socialist Movement,
      3. The Kurdistan Democratic Party,
      4. The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan,
      5. The Democratic Bloc of Independents, led by 'Adnan
      6. The Democratic Patriotic Party, led by Nasir

      The formation of the nucleus of this front comes just
      days after the Kurdish coalition in the Governing
      Council proposed a draft of the Law of Confederation
      outlining the Kurdish vision for the new Iraq. The
      Kurdish area, according to that draft, is to include
      the provinces of Irbil, as-Sulaymaniyah, Dahuk,
      Kirkuk, and parts of the provinces of Diyala and

      Sources: al-Arab al-Yawm daily newspaper, Amman,
      Jordan, Wednesday, 24 December 2003.

      Wednesday, 24 December 2003.

      The Iraqi Resistance detonated a roadside bomb in the
      Samarra' area north of Baghdad on Wednesday, killing
      three American occupation soldiers and totally
      destroying their vehicle, the US military occupation
      said. "Three Task Force Ironhorse soldiers were
      killed when the vehicle they were in was struck by an
      improvised explosive device," the US military said in
      a statement. The attack occurred at about 9am as the
      soldiers traveled in a convoy near Samarra'.

      Explosions rocked Baghdad and automatic gunfire could
      be heard in southern parts of the occupied Iraqi
      capital city early on Wednesday. US occupation forces
      told al-Jazeera satellite TV that the noises came from
      an operation being carried out by the American
      invaders against armed Resistance fighters who were
      taking up positions to shell the so-called Green Zone
      where the occupation forces' headquarters is located.

      Eye witnesses reported that US occupation fighter
      planes took part in bombing targeted areas in the
      environs of the area of ad-Durah. This attack is said
      to be a part of an operation by the aggressor forces
      known as Operation Iron Justice which is being carried
      out by the 1st Armored Division which is based in
      occupied Baghdad.

      The explosions, which sounded like artillery fire,
      according to a report by the Agence France Presse
      (AFP), began about 00:30 am (2130 GMT) and carried on
      for about 20 minutes, laced with bursts of automatic
      weapons fire near the southern suburb of al-Durah.
      Aircraft buzzed overhead.

      Harith al-'Urs who owns an ironworks said that the
      bombardment was focused on the al-Buwaytah
      agricultural area, and commented "there was gunfire on
      the Americans and they responded."

      The US military occupation had just canceled an
      invitation for media to observe artillery fire
      Wednesday on positions from where they believed the
      Iraqi Resistance was shelling occupation forces in
      Baghdad. Later the US military occupation announced
      that US helicopter gunships backed an artillery
      bombardment aimed at the Iraqi Resistance in southwest
      Baghdad, as troops raided homes and arrested a Sunni
      tribal leader.

      It was the second straight night during which
      thunderous explosions and an aerial bombardment of the
      ad-Durah area in Baghdad was carried on. Eyewitnesses
      said that what was going on was a "real war" with the
      American occupation forces using various types of
      weaponry, including aircraft and artillery, while the
      Resistance put up a tough and resilient fight.
      Intense explosions were heard without letup for three
      hours, witnesses reported. The occupation, as is
      usual for them, disclosed not losses in dead or
      wounded in the engagements. The sound of explosions
      dissipated by morning on Wednesday, having begun to
      reverberate throughout the entire city of five million
      shortly before midnight.

      In northern Iraq, a martyrdom bomber of the Iraqi
      Resistance detonated an explosives-laden pick-up truck
      outside the office of the Kurdish chauvinist so-called
      "Interior Ministry" in Irbil, near Kirkuk, and four
      people, including the martyred driver, were killed and
      some 101 others injured, according to the so-called
      "ministry," which said that the attack occurred at
      about 11:50am local time on Wednesday. In addition to
      the martyred driver the dead included two puppet
      policemen and a man described as a "civilian."
      Employees of the puppet "ministry" working for the
      occupation were among the wounded.

      The force of the blast blew out windows in buildings
      surrounding the offices of the puppet "ministry" in
      the northern city, which, according to the Agence
      France Presse (AFP), is controlled by a Kurdish
      chauvinist faction, the Kurdistan Democratic Party,
      which is collaborating with the US occupation of Iraq.
      The blast left a huge crater.

      Wednesday evening the Resistance fired a mortar shell
      at the Sheraton Hotel in Baghdad, a residence of many
      foreigners working with the occupation authorities.
      The occupation did not report any casualties or

      Meanwhile the body of an American soldier who drowned
      in the Tigris River when he tried to save one of his
      companions was recovered on Wednesday, 13 days after
      his death. The body was found after what a US
      communique described as an intense search in which
      military police, and American air and naval forces
      took part.

      Two puppet policemen helping the occupation and two
      civilians were killed in a bomb explosion west of

      An adviser to the puppet "minister of science and
      technology" Khidr 'Abd al-'Abbas Hamzah survived an
      attempt by the Iraqi Resistance to execute him in
      Baghdad. An explosive device blew up under the
      armored vehicle he uses for riding about in the
      occupied Iraqi capital.

      One Iraqi puppet policeman who was on a joint patrol
      with occupation forces was killed in the al-Jaza'ir
      neighborhood in the center of Mosul when the Iraqi
      Resistance opened fire on them. Forensic medical
      doctor Ahmad 'Abdallah Rajab said that the puppet
      policeman "died instantly as he was struck by four
      bullets in the head."

      The Mosul puppet police headquarters was also attacked
      but there was no report of casualties in that

      On Wednesday, a minibus detonated a roadside bomb in a
      Baghdad traffic tunnel, killing one civilian and
      wounding two others, according to the Iraqi puppet
      police. The bomb exploded in the Shurta tunnel around
      noon. Puppet police commissioner Murtada Sattar said
      that the "explosive device detonated after an Iraqi
      police car passed through the entrance to a tunnel in
      the ad-Dawudi district, damaging a minibus and a
      private car."

      Baghdad paid its last respects on Wednesday to four
      Sunni worshippers, one of them a child, who were shot
      to death and martyred Wednesday at dawn as they left
      the gate of a Sunni mosque in the predominantly Shiite
      Washshash neighborhood. Shaykh 'Abd as-Salam
      al-Kubaysi, a member of the Sunni Board of Muslim
      'Ulama' said that the gunmen who killed the four "were
      driving a car from which they opened fire at the four
      persons, killing them." Al-Kubaysi said that this
      attack was part of a series of incidents designed to
      spark a sectarian war and blamed "an ouside power",
      evidently implying Iran, for the attacks. Al-Kubaysi
      said, however, that "the Sunnis in Iraq are aware of
      this danger and will not be drawn into it."

      In Kirkuk on Wednesday students and puppet security
      sources said that two Arab students were injured in
      the city in clashes with puppet police who were trying
      to prevent Arab and Turcoman demonstrations. The
      clashes erupted, the sources said, when hundreds of
      Arab and Turcoman students attempted to leave the
      University campus to demonstrate in front of the
      headquarters of the Governorate. Despite the efforts
      of the puppet police, some 500 students forced their
      way ahead and gathered in front of the Governorate
      building where they waved Iraqi flags.

      Muhammad YaSin Isma'il, a student in the College of
      Technology and a leader of the students said "two
      students � Ahmad Yusuf and Tareq 'Aziz Hitlawi � were
      seriously injured in clashes" for which he blamed
      "Kurdish members of the Iraqi police." Officer in the
      puppet police Salah 'Ali confirmed the fact that the
      students were injured.

      US occupation forces continued their wave of raids and
      arrests capturing more than 70 Iraqis in recent days
      in attacks in Mosul, Baaqubah, al-Fallujah, and the
      environs of Baghdad and Kirkuk.

      US aggressor forces arrested Shaykh Ghazi Hanash, the
      shaykh of the at-Tayy tribe in Mosul who is related to
      Iraqi Vice President 'Izzat Ibrahim ad-Duri. American
      aggressor sources say that they killed one of the
      shaykh's bodyguards and wounded Hanash's daughter in
      the course of their raid. The AFP said that Hanash's
      home was marked by bullet holes and broken glass after
      the attack.

      Shaykh Hanash's son and two aides were also arrested
      by the American occupation troops in the raid,
      according to Ghassan Hamadi, a cousin of the shaykh
      who spoke to the Associated Press from the tribal
      leader's residence. AFP reported that three of the
      shaykh's sons were detained by the US occupation
      forces. Occupation forces also captured a man whom
      they describe as a high ranking Iraqi intelligence
      officer by the name of 'Abd Allah Jasem Ahmad.

      US occupation troops arrested 26 Iraqis in
      al-Fallujah, including officers in the Iraqi Army.

      In Kirkuk the occupation forces assisted by Iraqi
      puppet police arrested 16 Iraqis whom they accuse of
      involvement in carrying out attacks against the
      Americans in the city. They also arrested 20 members
      of a small Kurdish Islamist group known as al-Jama'ah
      al-Islamiyah which the Americans claim has links to
      Ansar al-Islam, a Kurdish Islamist organization
      frequently said to be associated with al-Qa'idah and
      involved in the Resistance.

      Sources: al-Arab al-Yawm daily newspaper, Amman,
      Jordan, Thursday, 25 December 2003.

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard

      "Long live Palestine, free and Arab from the River to the Sea!"

      --President Saddam Hussein
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.