[nebukhadhnasar@yahoo.com: Re: [azsecularhumanists] Re: Capture of Saddam]

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16 7:32 AM

      From: nebukhadhnasar@... (Abdallah Tahhan)
      To: thekoba@..., azsecularhumanists@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: llnicol@..., nebukhadhnasar@...
      Subject: Re: [azsecularhumanists] Re: Capture of Saddam
      Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:22:19 -0800 (PST)

      Dear Kevin,

      Indeed the wars that Iraq fought under Saddam Hussein
      might be the subject of controversy, but they were on
      Iraq's borders. In the case of Kuwait, it was
      historically a part of Iraq that was split off by
      colonialists, in the course of splitting the Arab
      nation into little bits. So the reunification of
      Kuwait with Iraq cannot be considered criminal in my
      book.

      Bush, on the other hand, heads the biggest imperialist
      state on earth, simply by sitting down at his desk he
      is party to crimes on every continent carried out by
      the capitalist class and the US government that
      represents them. There is quite a difference there
      between Saddam Hussein and Bush.

      --- K J WALSH <thekoba@...> wrote:

      > >when i read that saddam was busted that
      > >was the first thing i thought that it
      > >was one of his doubles that was busted.
      > >and if thats the case perhaps then it
      > >was planned by saddam to get the US off
      > >of his back and close the case.
      > >
      > >who knows what the truth is. and some
      > >times truth is stranger then fiction.
      > >i dont know whats true and am only
      > >speculating.
      >
      > Muhammed Abu Nasr of the Free Arab Voice
      > has translated a communique from the
      > Ba'ath Party and another from the Iraqi
      > resistance the may clarify the situation.
      > I shall post these shortly.
      >
      > >but some of the odd things are
      > >
      > >1) he was living in a little hole in
      > > the ground in a shack between two
      > > farm houses. you would think a
      > > billionare dictator could do
      > > better the that.
      >
      > What makes you think President Hussein
      > is a billionaire or a dictator?
      >
      > >2) he had no radios or communications
      > > devices with him. again a billionare
      > > dictator with out any communications
      > > device to talk to his serfs. thats
      > > strange.
      >
      > What makes you think Iraq has serfs?
      >
      > >3) he had a gun. but didnt use it to
      > > commit sucide. or to fight the
      > > americans.
      > >
      > >4) he had a suitcase with $750,000
      > > in it. that sounds like chump change
      > > by saddams standards. was this planted
      > > by the real saddam to make the fake
      > > saddam look real???
      >
      > Assuming that were true, which it isn't,
      > just how much money do you think can be
      > fit in a suitcase in bills small enough to
      > be practical to spend? If it were all in
      > $100 notes, that's 7500 bills. If it were
      > all in $20's, that's 37,500.
      >
      > >5) another very small article in the
      > > republic hinted that one of his
      > > wifes could have turned him in for
      > > the million in rewards the US is
      > > offering for his head. this could
      > > have been true. on the other hand
      > > the real saddam could have been
      > > working with his wife to turn in
      > > a double.
      > >

      > >i dont know what the truth. has saddam
      > >been captured as the american goverment
      > >says? maybe. has a double been captured?
      > >maybe. i dont beleive the american goverment
      > >anymore then i beleive saddams goverment.
      > >
      > >the only think i know for sure is that
      > >saddam is just as much as a war crimininal
      > >and a murder as president bush is.
      >
      > Oh really? And what evidence do you have
      > that President Hussein ever committed a
      > war crime or ordered his subordinates to
      > commit one?
      >
      > --Kevin

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • mike ross
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16 9:36 AM
        > In the case of Kuwait, it was
        >historically a part of Iraq that was split off by
        >colonialists, in the course of splitting the Arab
        >nation into little bits. So the reunification of
        >Kuwait with Iraq cannot be considered criminal in my
        >book.

        kinda like the american civil war. the southern
        states told the northern states they were leaving
        the union because the tarrifs were too high. so
        licoln forced them to come back at gun point and
        killed millions in the process. if the american
        government doesnt consider president lincoln a
        war criminal for his acts then they certainally
        shouldnt consider saddam a war criminal for acts
        along the same lines.

        and i think we have the same thing waiting to
        be played out in china. tawain left the goverment
        of mainland china. and if in the future the
        government of mainland china forces the people
        of tawain to come back into the fold that
        should not be considered a war crime. certainally
        based on what president lincoln did during
        the american civil war. if the american goverment
        said anything different we would be using a
        double standard. its ok for the americans to do
        this but the REST OF THE WORLD HAS TO OBEY A
        DIFFERENT standard.

        just pointing out the double standard of the
        american government. its ok for the USA TO COMMIT
        WAR CRIMES, but if your government does the
        same thing we will hold you to a different
        standard. as an libertarians anarchist i personally
        i think it would be best to get rid of all
        governments.

        mike

           --- K J WALSH <thekoba@...> wrote:

           > >when i read that saddam was busted that
           > >was the first thing i thought that it
           > >was one of his doubles that was busted.
           > >and if thats the case perhaps then it
           > >was planned by saddam to get the US off
           > >of his back and close the case.
           > >
           > >who knows what the truth is. and some
           > >times truth is stranger then fiction.
           > >i dont know whats true and am only
           > >speculating.
           >
           > Muhammed Abu Nasr of the Free Arab Voice
           > has translated a communique from the
           > Ba'ath Party and another from the Iraqi
           > resistance the may clarify the situation.
           > I shall post these shortly.
           >
           > >but some of the odd things are
           > >
           > >1) he was living in a little hole in
           > >   the ground in a shack between two
           > >   farm houses. you would think a
           > >   billionare dictator could do
           > >   better the that.
           >
           > What makes you think President Hussein
           > is a billionaire or a dictator?
           >
           > >2) he had no radios or communications
           > >   devices with him. again a billionare
           > >   dictator with out any communications
           > >   device to talk to his serfs. thats
           > >   strange.
           >
           > What makes you think Iraq has serfs?
           >
           > >3) he had a gun. but didnt use it to
           > >   commit sucide. or to fight the
           > >   americans.
           > >
           > >4) he had a suitcase with $750,000
           > >   in it. that sounds like chump change
           > >   by saddams standards. was this planted
           > >   by the real saddam to make the fake
           > >   saddam look real???
           >
           > Assuming that were true, which it isn't,
           > just how much money do you think can be
           > fit in a suitcase in bills small enough to
           > be practical to spend?  If it were all in
           > $100 notes, that's 7500 bills.  If it were
           > all in $20's, that's 37,500.
           >
           > >5) another very small article in the
           > >   republic hinted that one of his
           > >   wifes could have turned him in for
           > >   the million in rewards the US is
           > >   offering for his head. this could
           > >   have been true. on the other hand
           > >   the real saddam could have been
           > >   working with his wife to turn in
           > >   a double.
           > >
           > >
           > >i dont know what the truth. has saddam
           > >been captured as the american goverment
           > >says? maybe. has a double been captured?
           > >maybe. i dont beleive the american goverment
           > >anymore then i beleive saddams goverment.
           > >
           > >the only think i know for sure is that
           > >saddam is just as much as a war crimininal
           > >and a murder as president bush is.
           >
           > Oh really?  And what evidence do you have
           > that President Hussein ever committed a
           > war crime or ordered his subordinates to
           > commit one?
           >
           > --Kevin

           http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

        Community email addresses:
         Post message: azsecularhumanists@onelist.com
         Subscribe:    azsecularhumanists-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
         http://www.onelist.com/community/azsecularhumanists

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-
        ->
        Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        Canada.
        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ---- End Original Message ----

        When the government fears the people,
        that is LIBERTY. When people fear the
        government, that is TYRANNY.

        Thomas Jefferson
        Premium Accounts for Legal Professionals
        http://1stcounsel.com/