Re: Iraqi Resistance Report.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2003

      >Dear Kevin,
      >
      >Below is the latest Iraqi Resistance Report.

      Dear Eric,

      Many thanks for this report. Despite the late hour,
      I shall forward it at once, as I'm sure given the
      reported capture of President Hussein, events in
      Iraq are on everyone's mind.

      >Regarding the Arab Nationalist list, quite a storm
      >seems to have been stirred up again. Race and race
      >mixing and "race-treason" are not concepts that go
      >down well in Arab and Islamic circles. Of course
      >they're not my sort of thought categories either. As
      >Ibrahim noted, the Arabs are bound together by
      >language, culture, geography and lots of other things,
      >but not race, so it's a sensitive issue and comes off
      >as divisive, I think.
      >
      >Over all, though, it seems your opponents have been
      >inclined to read very hurriedly or superficially,
      >since they object repeatedly and vehemently to things
      >you never said, and seem to draw conclusions that are
      >totally unwarranted.

      Well attempts to form a red-brown-green alliance for
      smashing imperialism necessitate addressing these
      issues somehow, particularly when the mere mention
      that certain groups have offered assistance causes
      one to be branded a racist and a neo-Nazi. You and
      Ibrahim are more diplomatic than I. Still, I've
      done what I could to make yet another statement that
      I hope will calm matters a bit.