Re: Capture of Saddam

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14 9:15 AM

      >Kevin,
      >after the U.S. launched its illegal aggression against
      >Iraq, it was claimed by U.S. officials that Saddam was
      >known to use "look-alikes". Do you suppose it is even
      >remotely possible that the U.S. is stageing this event
      >to appease the bloodlust of the Bush administration
      >and to attempt to make Bush look better.
      >
      >Laro

      Dear Laro,

      I must confess I did not know to what you had refered
      until I visited the news utility at yahoo.com. I am
      dubious that President Hussein used doubles. I do recall
      reading in a newspaper about half a year ago an amusing
      story about an auto mechanic in Tikrit who is most likely
      a distant relative of President Hussein who was mistaken
      for him several times and for a time detained by the
      Americans but eventually released when his relatives
      and friends confirmed who he was. It is quite possible
      that they have detained that same man again are are
      representing him as the president. I also recall that
      Tariq Aziz was supposedly captured, and we have not heard
      from him since then. One would think the media would
      parade such an important prisoner before the world.

      The upshot is that we don't know with certainty that
      President Hussein really has been captured, but it is
      plausible that he may have been. Obviously, if true, it
      is a blow to the morale of the movement, but, contrary
      to the idealist notion of history, neither Ba'athism nor
      the Iraqi resistance is dependent upon any one man,
      however charismatic. Comrade Stalin did not give up
      the struggle to save the Soviet Union when his son was
      captured by the Germans, nor would he ransom him. Just
      so, beloved as President Hussein is to us, we must not
      allow his capture to impede our struggle to free Iraq
      from the grip of the imperialists. I am confident that
      the Iraqi resistance and the Iraqi people will not abandon
      this struggle in the absence of its leader. Ho Chi Minh
      was never captured, but he died in 1969 in the midst of
      the struggle to free his homeland. Even so the people of
      Vietnam continued the fight on to victory.

    • mike ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15 10:46 AM
        when i read that saddam was busted that
        was the first thing i thought that it
        was one of his doubles that was busted.
        and if thats the case perhaps then it
        was planned by saddam to get the US off
        of his back and close the case.

        who knows what the truth is. and some
        times truth is stranger then fiction.
        i dont know whats true and am only
        speculating.

        but some of the odd things are

        1) he was living in a little hole in
        the ground in a shack between two
        farm houses. you would think a
        billionare dictator could do
        better the that.

        2) he had no radios or communications
        devices with him. again a billionare
        dictator with out any communications
        device to talk to his serfs. thats
        strange.

        3) he had a gun. but didnt use it to
        commit sucide. or to fight the
        americans.

        4) he had a suitcase with $750,000
        in it. that sounds like chump change
        by saddams standards. was this planted
        by the real saddam to make the fake
        saddam look real???

        5) another very small article in the
        republic hinted that one of his
        wifes could have turned him in for
        the million in rewards the US is
        offering for his head. this could
        have been true. on the other hand
        the real saddam could have been
        working with his wife to turn in
        a double.

        i dont know what the truth. has saddam
        been captured as the american goverment
        says? maybe. has a double been captured?
        maybe. i dont beleive the american goverment
        anymore then i beleive saddams goverment.

        the only think i know for sure is that
        saddam is just as much as a war crimininal
        and a murder as president bush is.

        mike

        >after the U.S. launched its illegal aggression against
        >Iraq, it was claimed by U.S. officials that Saddam was
        >known to use "look-alikes". Do you suppose it is even
        >remotely possible that the U.S. is stageing this event
        >to appease the bloodlust of the Bush administration
        >and to attempt to make Bush look better.
        >
        >Laro

        Dear Laro,

        I must confess I did not know to what you had refered
        until I visited the news utility at yahoo.com.  I am
        dubious that President Hussein used doubles.  I do recall
        reading in a newspaper about half a year ago an amusing
        story about an auto mechanic in Tikrit who is most likely
        a distant relative of President Hussein who was mistaken
        for him several times and for a time detained by the
        Americans but eventually released when his relatives
        and friends confirmed who he was.  It is quite possible
        that they have detained that same man again are are
        representing him as the president.  I also recall that
        Tariq Aziz was supposedly captured, and we have not heard
        from him since then.  One would think the media would
        parade such an important prisoner before the world.

        The upshot is that we don't know with certainty that
        President Hussein really has been captured, but it is
        plausible that he may have been.  Obviously, if true, it
        is a blow to the morale of the movement, but, contrary
        to the idealist notion of history, neither Ba'athism nor
        the Iraqi resistance is dependent upon any one man,
        however charismatic.  Comrade Stalin did not give up
        the struggle to save the Soviet Union when his son was
        captured by the Germans, nor would he ransom him.  Just
        so, beloved as President Hussein is to us, we must not
        allow his capture to impede our struggle to free Iraq
        from the grip of the imperialists.  I am confident that
        the Iraqi resistance and the Iraqi people will not abandon
        this struggle in the absence of its leader.  Ho Chi Minh
        was never captured, but he died in 1969 in the midst of
        the struggle to free his homeland.  Even so the people of
        Vietnam continued the fight on to victory.

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-
        ->
        Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        Canada.
        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM

        Shortcut URL to this page:
         http://www.onelist.com/community/azsecularhumanists

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ---- End Original Message ----

        When the government fears the people,
        that is LIBERTY. When people fear the
        government, that is TYRANNY.

        Thomas Jefferson
        Premium Accounts for Legal Professionals
        http://1stcounsel.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15 8:01 PM

          >when i read that saddam was busted that
          >was the first thing i thought that it
          >was one of his doubles that was busted.
          >and if thats the case perhaps then it
          >was planned by saddam to get the US off
          >of his back and close the case.
          >
          >who knows what the truth is. and some
          >times truth is stranger then fiction.
          >i dont know whats true and am only
          >speculating.

          Muhammed Abu Nasr of the Free Arab Voice
          has translated a communique from the
          Ba'ath Party and another from the Iraqi
          resistance the may clarify the situation.
          I shall post these shortly.

          >but some of the odd things are
          >
          >1) he was living in a little hole in
          > the ground in a shack between two
          > farm houses. you would think a
          > billionare dictator could do
          > better the that.

          What makes you think President Hussein
          is a billionaire or a dictator?

          >2) he had no radios or communications
          > devices with him. again a billionare
          > dictator with out any communications
          > device to talk to his serfs. thats
          > strange.

          What makes you think Iraq has serfs?

          >3) he had a gun. but didnt use it to
          > commit sucide. or to fight the
          > americans.
          >
          >4) he had a suitcase with $750,000
          > in it. that sounds like chump change
          > by saddams standards. was this planted
          > by the real saddam to make the fake
          > saddam look real???

          Assuming that were true, which it isn't,
          just how much money do you think can be
          fit in a suitcase in bills small enough to
          be practical to spend? If it were all in
          $100 notes, that's 7500 bills. If it were
          all in $20's, that's 37,500.

          >5) another very small article in the
          > republic hinted that one of his
          > wifes could have turned him in for
          > the million in rewards the US is
          > offering for his head. this could
          > have been true. on the other hand
          > the real saddam could have been
          > working with his wife to turn in
          > a double.
          >

          >i dont know what the truth. has saddam
          >been captured as the american goverment
          >says? maybe. has a double been captured?
          >maybe. i dont beleive the american goverment
          >anymore then i beleive saddams goverment.
          >
          >the only think i know for sure is that
          >saddam is just as much as a war crimininal
          >and a murder as president bush is.

          Oh really? And what evidence do you have
          that President Hussein ever committed a
          war crime or ordered his subordinates to
          commit one?