Fwd: States visit to USA

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      The following article was forwarded to me by Ms. Rose Tanui of Nairobi,
      Kenya from Nyaringo Mokau, a Kenyan living in the USA. President Bush is
      in a bind and needs soldiers from every country but his own to die for
      American imperialism. Since the Vietnam War, Americans have had little
      tolerance for shedding their own blood for imperialist superprofits. Of
      course it makes no sense to shed blood to make someone else rich, and
      President Kibaki would do well to have nothing to do with American
      imperialism and steer Kenya on an independent and self-sufficient course.

      America doesn�t love for nothing
      By Nyaringo Mokau
      ---------------------------------

      It was a red carpet reception, befitting the Queen of England.

      Those of us living in the United States kept our eyes glued on television watching the colourful ceremony through the national broadcast � PBS.

      The US gesture to President Mwai Kibaki and his delegation made us feel proud.

      What engulfed the minds of many Kenyans is why the US did this to a third world leader, who is yet to make an impact.

      Scepticism abounds among Kenyans who watched the reception as it unfolded.

      The US is a country known to work with you only on the concept of quid pro quo.

      In any deal, they analyse what they will gain in return. It is against this background that the Kenyan Government should be careful.

      The only way the US compromises third world leaders is by rolling the carpet and treating them with phoney and sarcastic respect.

      When this is done, the leaders are always on the affirmative, agreeing to all the US wants. They lose sight of the subject of their mission. They end up not accomplishing any mission.

      At the end of the day, the US takes it all.

      When the US waged war against Afghanistan in their war against international terrorism, President George Bush rolled the carpet for the Pakistan President Musharaf.

      The US was finally allowed by Pakistan to use their bases in waging war which kicked out the Taliban regime.

      Ironically, Pakistan has gained nothing; Islamic fundamentalism is on the rise; President Ali Musharaf�s personal security is on dire straits and the prevalence of tension between Pakistan and India over the disputed province of Kashmir continues.

      This is despite the US� pledge to assist in brokering a negotiation between Pakistan and India over the disputed province of Kashmir.

      Where is quid pro quo?

      You can see who gains. Kenya does not want to fall into this trap.

      Even though we are submerged in economic crisis � unemployment, poverty and HIV/Aids, we do not have to betray our sovereignty.

      Kenyan should be vigilant with this phoney US friendship. Until we see tangible gains, we cannot say Kibaki�s mission to Washington was successful.

      There is an increase in anti-Americanism globally after she invaded Iraq whose aftermath continue to cost at least seven US soldiers every week.

      President Bush desperately wants troops to supplement the tired US squads in Iraq.

      He could be eyeing Kenya for military support.

      The writer is a Kenyan living in New Jersey-USA