Re: US army arrests "its own" Muslim chaplain at Guantanamo

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2003
      Dear Eric,

      Thank you for this, the war news, the "riverbend" reports, and, of course,
      that al-Quds al-Arabi story about the tiger that bit off an American soldier's
      hand (I'm still laughing about that!) This particluar report is indeed
      an interesting development. We have a Chinese-American who converted to
      Islam, studied in Syria, rejoined the American military, was chaplain to
      both troops and prisoners and Guantanamo, and now, apparently, is suspected
      of some kind of misconduct. Perhaps it's religious profiling. Then again,
      perhaps he has been a double-spy :-)