Re: Ibrahim Alloush on Zionist Wall

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2003

      >Dear Kevin,
      >
      >Here's an article I translated from the Arab
      >Nationalist list by Ibrahim.
      >
      >I agreed with your letter on the Berlin Wall (false)
      >analogy, and actually a number of Arabic respondents
      >also did.
      >
      >One in particular yesterday sent by Eidaraws Alkassir
      >did a very good job of refuting it and asking
      >basically why we should give the enemy (imperialism) a
      >free celebration of their victory in the Cold War. He
      >acknowledged that the regimes in Eastern Europe were
      >corrupt but said that their downfall only made way for
      >far more corrupt regimes under the US domination - an
      >event we have no reason to celebrate. He also
      >indicated that the Berlin wall was built by the German
      >state around itself, whereas the Zionist entity is
      >building a wall around the West Bank, hence there is
      >no similarity at all anyway, except insofar as both
      >are walls.
      >
      >But anyhow, here's Ibrahim's article which doesn't go
      >into Berlin, but does set the Zionist wall in the
      >proper context.

      I don't receive e-mails from the Arab Nationalist list
      anymore, but I do have access to the archives from another
      e-mail account, so I can view what is posted there. Most
      of the time I get only garbage, as my computer can
      only handle Roman letters, but the occasional English post
      is worthwhile, and I did see that there. Thank you for
      forwarding it to me, nonetheless, because that means I
      can forward it to others, which I have done.