President Hussein speaks on the deaths of his sons and grandson

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      Although this was sent by Eric Mueller, it originated from the BBC.
      Eric did not have access to the original Arabic and cannot vouch for
      the accuracy and completeness of the translation of Saddam Hussein's
      recent speech on the subject of the deaths of his sons and his
      grandson.

      ------------------

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3108369.stm

      Transcript of 'Saddam tape'

      The brothers died in a hail of American bullets
      This is a translated transcript of the latest tape
      recording purportedly by former Iraqi leader Saddam
      Hussein, in which he mourns the death of his two sons,
      Qusay and Uday:
      In the name of God most gracious, most merciful.

      Among the believers are men who have been true to
      their covenant with God. Of them, some have fulfilled
      their obligations, and some of them are still waiting,
      but they have never changed in the least.

      O noble people, O lofty men within the ranks of our
      valiant armed forces: May God's peace, mercy, and
      blessings be upon you.

      The armies of aggression mobilised all types of
      weapons of the ground forces against them and
      succeeded to harm them only when they used planes
      against the house where they were

      Brothers and sons, I mourn to you, and I convey to you
      the glad tidings. This is the wish of every believer
      who is honest for the sake of God - that the souls of
      another group of martyrs have ascended to their
      creator.

      They are now green birds in the heavens and in the
      hospitality of the merciful God, where there is
      paradise, which accommodates the honest, the martyrs,
      and those with whom God has been pleased. Thus, he
      satisfied them.

      'We thank God'

      This group, just like all the righteous martyrs who
      sacrificed their lives while engaging in jihad to
      uphold the cause of God, demonstrating honesty and
      faith, has been shown as truehearted, honest, and
      loyal to the promises and pledges they undertook upon
      themselves - the promises and pledges that we made to
      you after we had made to God.

      'Valiant battle'

      We pledged to sacrifice ourselves, money, and children
      in the heat of the faith-based jihad to uphold the
      cause of God, the homeland, the people, and the
      nation.

      Had Saddam Hussein had 100 children, other than Uday
      and Qusay, Saddam Hussein would have sacrificed them
      on the same path

      Beloved Iraqis, your brothers Uday and Qusay, and
      Mustafa, the son of Qusay, took a stand of faith,
      which pleases God, makes a friend happy, and makes an
      enemy angry.

      They stood in the arena of jihad in Umm al-Rimah in
      Mosul, after a valiant battle with the enemy that
      lasted six hours.

      The armies of aggression mobilised all types of
      weapons of the ground forces against them and
      succeeded to harm them only when they used planes
      against the house where they were.

      Thus, they adopted a stand with which God has honoured
      this Hussein family so that the present would be a
      continuation of the brilliant, genuine, faithful, and
      honourable past.

      We thank God for what he has ordained for us when he
      honoured us with their martyrdom for his sake.

      We ask Almighty God to satisfy them and all the
      righteous martyrs after they satisfied him with their
      faithful Jihadist stand.

      'Honoured'

      O brothers and sons of our loyal and faithful people
      and our glorious nation, I once again hold God as my
      witness to say that lives and property should be
      sacrificed for the sake of God, Iraq, and our nation
      after we have offered our sons in sacrifice for these
      values.

      Had Saddam Hussein had 100 children, other than Uday
      and Qusay, Saddam Hussein would have sacrificed them
      on the same path.

      This is because duty and right necessitate this and
      the meanings of faith, zeal, and the usurped right
      appeal to their faithful advocates, the advocates of
      the principles, who are true to the promise and the
      pledge. So, we cannot but be one of them.

      We are advocating this in order to please God, the
      people, and history. Praise be to God for what he
      ordained for us.

      He honoured us by their martyrdom. Our compensation,
      after pleasing God, is in Iraq's zealous sons and
      youths, the sons of our glorious nation, and the
      principles that are being safeguarded so that they
      will continue to be lofty, along with the flag of
      Allahu Akbar [reference to the Iraqi flag during
      Saddam Hussein's era] and the blood of martyrs.

      'Two liars'

      God is great, glory and paradise to the martyrs of
      faith, the martyrs of Iraq and the nation. God is
      great and glory to the martyrs.

      Long live our glorious nation; long live Iraq; long
      live Iraq; Long live Palestine, free and Arab from the
      sea to the river.

      Ignominy to and down with Zionism. Long live jihad and
      the mujahideen.

      Ignominy to the two liars [reference to US President
      George Bush and UK Prime Tony Minister Blair], their
      aides, followers, and agents.

      The principles of right will flourish and continue to
      be exalted, as they used to, on the altar of martyrs.

      If you had killed Uday, Qusay, Mustafa, and another
      mujahideen man with them, all the youths of our nation
      and the youths of Iraq are Uday, Qusay, and Mustafa in
      the fields of jihad.

      God is great and glory to God and the believers. God
      is great, God is great.

      [Source: Al-Arabiya television, in Arabic.]

      BBC Monitoring, based in Caversham in southern
      England, selects and translates information from
      radio, television, press, news agencies and the
      internet from 150 countries in more than 70 languages.