US General: Uday, Qusay killed in firefight.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2003

      Obviously we don't know if anything these professional
      liars say is true, but if this report is factual, the
      two sons are martyrs and heroes - unlike the criminal
      bands that invaded their country and killed them.

      ----------------

      General: Saddam's Sons Killed in Raid
      6 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

      By SARMAD JALAL, Associated Press Writer

      BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein's sons Odai and Qusai
      were killed in a six-hour firefight Tuesday when U.S.
      forces surrounded and then stormed a palatial villa in
      this northern Iraqi town, a senior American general
      said.

      "We are certain that Odai and Qusai were killed
      today," said Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez at a news
      conference in Baghdad.

      "They died in a fierce gunbattle," Sanchez added.

      He told reporters that soldiers from the 101st
      Airborne Division were working on a tip from an Iraqi
      informant that the sons were present in the house.

      When troops approached the building, gunmen inside
      opened fire with small arms. The "suspects barricaded
      themselves in the house" and "resisted fiercely," he
      said.