Re: Response up to Tony

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003

      >Dear Kevin,
      >
      >It took me awhile to come up with anything to say to
      >that illiterate moron Tony on azpeace but I did post
      >some sort of remark.
      >
      >I find it interesting that two and possibly three (I
      >couldn't figure out what one of them meant) could
      >write that "Palestinians are barbarians." Yet I'm
      >fairly certain that if somebody wrote "Jews are
      >barbarians" that remark would elicit a strong response
      >from the moderator, and probably the charge of
      >"anti-semitism" would be levelled. If someone wrote
      >"Blacks are barbarians," there would probably be a
      >response (justified) that this was incitement of race
      >hatred. Yet people don't have a problem with reading
      >"Palestinians are barbarians." It's an interesting
      >commentary.
      >
      >I could have responded by calling Jews barbarians, but
      >I don't usually argue that way - name calling was
      >beneath me in the sixth grade. And anyhow defining
      >"barbarian" is just too stupid an endeavor to get
      >engaged in - particularly with that half-wit Tony.
      >
      >But it is remarkable that nobody has written back to
      >denounce that kind of "racist" stereotyping that
      >saying "Palestinians are barbarians" amounts to. Yet
      >that is what the liberal reaction should be.
      >
      >In any case, I won't be engaged in that for a few
      >days. My wife wants to take a short trip; she has a
      >new job - or so it seems - and wants to get away
      >driving for a few days before she starts it and can't
      >get away for a year. So I expect to disappear from
      >here maybe in about eight hours until probably Sunday.

      I think Friedrich Engles defined barbarians as people
      is a state of development that included making pottery
      and domestication of livestock but not written language
      or cities. Palestinians passed through that stage
      millenia before Ashkhanazim.

      I will miss your translations and commentaries, but you
      do need a vacation at least as much as your wife does.
      Enjoy!