federal court upholds freeze of Muslim charity's assets

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003
      The following article, attributed only to wire services, appeared on page A5
      of the Saturday, June 21, 2003 edition of The Arizona Republic.

      --Kevin Walsh

      MUSLIM CHARITY LOSES COURT ROUND ON FUNDS

      Washington--A Dallas-area Muslim charity accused of bankrolling the Hamas
      terrorist organization lost a key round Friday in its effort to reclaim
      millions of dollars frozen by the federal government.

      A three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the
      Treasury Department had "ample" evidence to shut down the Holy Land
      Foundation for Relief and Development in December 2001 and seize assets
      estimated at $4 million to $5 million.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003

        >Dear Kevin,
        >
        >As I recall from the press coverage -- more like the
        >press persecution campaign - by the Dallas Morning
        >News, the Holy Land Foundation was fingered as
        >supporting Hamas in large part with the "help" of the
        >intelligence services of the Zionist Entity.
        >
        >Clearly what the Mossad has turned up on these people
        >is accepted by the US establishment as credible.

        Supposedly one doesn't normally seize property on the
        word of a foreign intelligence service, but "Israel"
        is consistently the exception.