former New York City mayor pushes campaign against "anti-Semitism"

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2003
      Some misguided leftists would have us distinguish between "anti-Semitism"
      (criticism of Jews, whether Semites or not) and anti-Zionism, possibly
      because they really think there is a substantial difference and don't see
      any harm in what Jews do outside of their "Israel" or because the are
      afraid of the stigma of the former label and think they can escape it.
      Wrong! You can't escape it. The Jew-media will always find a way to
      label you "anti-Semitic" if you support Palestine. This article is still
      more proof of that. To correct a deceptive statement found theirin,
      the "documented 1300 anti-Semitic acts in France" consisted mainly of
      non-violent non-destructive non-threatening verbal incidents, primarilly
      the expression of opinions unlawful to express in France, such as that
      the Auschwitz gas chamber story is false.

      The following article, attributed to George Jahn of the Associated Press,
      appeared on page A18 of the Friday, June 20, 2003 edition of The Arizona
      Republic. One wants to ask Mr. Giuliani how a hatred could endure for
      two millenia without having a material basis and how Europe could have
      become the world's most advanced continent if it was constantly being
      "held back" for that period.

      --Kevin Walsh

      GIULIANI URGES ANTI-SEMITISM FIGHT

      Says Old "Burden" Holds Europe Back

      Vienna--Anti-Semitism is a scourge of Europe rooted in the same hate that led
      to the September 11 attacks, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani told an
      international gathering Thursday.

      Giuliani spoke as chief U.S. delegate to a 55-nation conference aimed at
      fighting anti-Semitism around the world. As he spoke, he noted the short
      distance to the Vienna square where adoring crowds mobbed Adolf Hitler as
      he celebrated Nazi Germany's 1938 annexation of Austria.

      "So many lessons of history have not been learned," Giuliani said. "If action
      had been taken in the 1930s, then millions and millions of people would have
      lived."

      Anti-Semitism, he said, is "a burden that has held Europe back for two
      millenia" and is generated by the same hate that led to the attacks by Islamic
      terrorists on Washington and New York.

      Later, in a conference call with reporters, Giuliani, who was mayor during the
      September 11 attacks, said Europe and the United States are working together
      to reduce attacks against Jews in a way that helps heal the divisions over
      the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

      "There is a common interest...to work together," he said.

      More than 350 delegates from Europe, central Asia, the United States, Russia
      and Canada are attending the two-day conference, which comes amid an increase
      in anti-Semitic acts, especially in Europe.

      Giuliani said U.S. goals at the conference include agreeing on a uniform
      way to gather hate crime statistics and persuading all members of the
      Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, which is hosting the
      gathering, to adopt hate-crime legislation.

      U.S. officials also hope to persuade the OSCE to meet annually to discuss
      anti-Jewish prejudice and for all its members to create educational programs
      about the issue.

      A decision isn't likely, however, before a meeting of foreign ministers of
      the organization's member countries, scheduled for later this year.

      "Words aren't going to suffice to turn the tide of anti-Semitism, which is
      once again growing in Europe and other parts of the world," the former mayor
      said.

      The Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles said last month that attacks
      against Jews in Europe have reached the highest level since World War II.

      Since 2001, the center has documented 1300 anti-Semitic acts in France,
      including the burning of a Marseille synagogue and the stabbing of a rabbi
      in Paris. In Britain, records show 1,308 attacks between 1998 and 2001.

      The New York-based Lawyer's Committee for Human Rights in 2002 criticized
      European governments for laxness in monitoring, publicizing and acting on
      reports of anti-Semitic violence. Also last year, the U.S. House of
      Representatives approved a resolution urging European governments to take
      action against increased attacks on Jews.

      Avraham Toledo, Israel's chief delegate to the Vienna meeting, said
      governments should be alert for acts of anti-Semitism committed under the
      guise of opposition to Israel's Palestinian policies.

      "To justify anti-Semitic phenomena by presenting them as anti-Zionism is
      the same ugly ideology with fresh makeup," he said.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2003

        >Dear Kevin,
        >
        >I found the following passages particularly
        >interesting:
        >
        >"Giuliani said U.S. goals at the conference include
        >agreeing on a uniform way to gather hate crime
        >statistics and persuading all members of the
        >Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe,
        >which is hosting the gathering, to adopt hate-crime
        >legislation."
        >
        >Since the Zionists insist that hating Israel is
        >"anti-Semitism" and since nobody there thinks killing
        >Arabs is "anti-Semitism" we are clearly looking at
        >"hate-crime legislation" which will amount to branding
        >anti-"Israeli" activity as an anti-Semitic hate crime
        >- that is to say we are looking at repressive
        >legislation to ban even verbal support for the Arab
        >liberation struggles on the grounds that such
        >struggles are "anti-Semitic".

        Dear Eric,

        It is illustrative that they seek uniform hate crime
        statistics. To do that there have to be uniform hate
        crimes. If something isn't even a crime, statistics
        on how often it occurs are not likely to be kept. This
        may be part of a plot to spread laws against "holocaust
        denial" or "promoting racial hatred" to European
        countries that don't have such laws (e.g. Britain and
        Russia), possibly even to the USA.

> [...]
        >grew out of "anti-Semitism". (I suppose because the
        >Islamic guerrillas resented the Jewish exclusivist
        >occupation of Palestine and such resentment amounts in
        >his eyes to an "anti-Semitic hate crime". The Jewish
        >occupation of Palestine, their butchery and expulsion
        >of its native Semitic population is only some obscure
        >footnote to history.)
        >
        >Admittedly, the hijackers probably expected to take
        >out a large number of Jews simply by hitting any
        >target in New York City, but had they been aiming at
        >Jews specifically, they might have assaulted targets
        >in occupied Palestine. Cearly they were aiming at the
        >nerve centers of the American polity and American
        >capitalism and if Jews predominate there, well, then
        >it's a matter of "if the shoe fits, you wear it."
        >
        >Then there was this:
        >
        >"U.S. officials also hope to persuade the OSCE to
        >meet annually to discuss anti-Jewish prejudice and for
        >all its members to create educational programs about
        >the issue."
        >
        >Today there are hundreds of Arabs and Muslims
        >imprisoned in Guantanamo and in various dungeons
        >around the US. Islamic groups throughout Europe are
        >subjected to spying and repression. Immigrant Arabs
        >are being murdered in various European countries as
        >western neocolonialism sucks their countries'
        >economies dry. Meanwhile, Jews are represented far
        >beyond their percentage of the population in the
        >executive offices of the biggest global empire, and in
        >its media, and entertainment world, heavily
        >influencing the thinking of the whole world.
        >
        >In just this situation the US insists that there must
        >be an annual meeting focused on anti-Jewish prejudice,
        >and on the need for "educational programs about that
        >issue." That's a very interesting perspective!
        >
        >Then there was this interesting passage:
        >
        >"Later, in a conference call with reporters, Giuliani,
        >who was mayor during the September 11 attacks, said
        >Europe and the United States are working together to
        >reduce attacks against Jews in a way that helps heal
        >the divisions over the U.S.-led war in Iraq. 'There
        >is a common interest...to work together,' he said."
        >
        >Now, since the USA is still brutally occupying Iraq, I
        >presume that "healing the divisions over the US-led
        >war in Iraq" means to bring the Europeans over to
        >supporting the American occupation. And this, we are
        >told, is being done by way of "Europe and the United
        >States working together to reduce attacks against
        >Jews." So evidently they are trying to unite on the
        >basis of political Judaism, i.e., Zionism. Does that
        >mean that the Zionist Jews and their gentile
        >supporters are trying to pull the Europeans up next to
        >the United States? It would appear so.
        >
        >Then isn't there room to talk about a "Jewish
        >conspiracy" on a world scale, not only with respect to
        >bringing Jews to occupied Palestine but a conspiracy
        >aimed at skewing the politics of whole continents to
        >serve Zionist Jewish interests? This appears to be an

        That is indeed so. Fortunately the Iraqi people are
        fighting back hard, and Europe may have no basis
        upon which to unite with the USA on this issue.