Re: [azsecularhumanists] Iraqi Sandstorm

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2003
      Iraq TV has been off the air since early April, so this must have been
      circulating for a while. Usually only a few lives are lost upon entering
      a minefield, the first few who venture through announce the presence to
      the rest of the troops, and they generally bring up the engineers to clear
      a path through the minefield. Minefields generally won't inflict large
      numbers of casualties on an army in and of themselves. Their main function
      is to delay the progress of an army to aid the formation of defensive lines.

      --Kevin