the AAPJ guestbook

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
      Dear Robert,

      Per your instructions, I tried to post a brief message on the AAPJ guestbook
      (www.azpeace.org), but it seems, according to the message I received, to be
      barred from Texans (I lived there only 17 months and was regularly called
      "Yankee" for the duration, so I don't think I qualify). In any case, my
      brief message was that the latest wonderful news on the struggle for the
      liberation of Iraq can be found at www.freearabvoice.org/Iraq/Report/report15.
      htm.

      As to debate, you accuse me of not wanting to debate. Very well, where is
      this Local to Global Justice to which you refered? I found an organisation
      by that name on the Internet but no forum for debate. I will debate the
      Zionists in any open forum they want, but my experiences are that they either
      refuse to debate or close the forum to me.

      While excluding me from the guestbook, you have kept it open to moronic
      Neoconservatives like Tony (well, yes, he is brief; moronic, but brief),
      and real anti-Semites like post number two, calling for massacres of Arabs.
      Sounds to me like AAPJ is taking sides rather than avoiding debate, especially
      when you held that so-called "justice for Palestine" demonstration that was
      nothing but promoting the Bush road map to nowhere. It was pathetic enough
      when pacifists tailed Democrats. Now that they tail Republicans it is
      positively ludicrous!

      Either allow open debate or drop the pretense of remaining neutral and get a
      job in the Bush administration. Your hypocrisy getting harder to disguise.

      Yours,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
        ><P>Kevin --</P>
        ><P>I am not in charge of the AAPJ website, so you need to take up being
        >barred with person who is. I'm just just another guy expressing my (brief)
        >opinions. A direct e-mail link to the webmaster can be found on the
        >main AAPJ page.

        Your post began: "Kevin - we're not trying to avoid debate..." Sounded quite
        a lot like taking responsibility for having closed down the guestbook.
        Well, I'm glad you were not, in fact, speaking for AAPJ and that this is
        simply your use of the "royal we". I have contacted the AAPJ website
        directly.

        >I agree with you that Tony is moronic. As for Local to Global, go to
        >"http://www.localtoglobal.org">www.localtoglobal.org</A> , look for
        >the "join us" link, and follow the instructions.

        There is a www.localtoglobal.org, but it doesn't have such a link. I
        suspect you meant www.localtoglobaljustice.org, and after some doing I
        managed to sign up (I think). We shall see, and if you wish to debate
        me in that forum, I certainly won't avoid the issue, as you accused me
        of doing.

        >I am also not the webmaster there, so can't say if they will bar you or not.

        In that case you could not be blamed, but you will certainly know that it
        was not for want of my willingness to debate.

        >You might wish to reconsider posting such comments as referring to Judaism
        >as a "gutter religion" or how the Jews "really pissed off the Germans. Can't
        >say for certain, but stuff like that might have something to do with you
        >being barred from various forums.

        To have honest debate, we must be able to tell the truth. Those who forbid
        the telling of the truth are not interested in honest debate, only political
        correctness.

        ><P>Can't speak for everyone at last Thursday's vigil, but I was there to
        >protest Israel's plan to erect a border wall.
        ><P>As for getting a job in the Bush administration...strange, but no one
        >there will return my calls. May have something to do with that giant
        >George W Bush puppet that I helped build...
        ><P>Robert

        I am very glad that you had nothing to do with the signs or leaflets
        promoting the "road map" and that you do not share AAPJ's views on that
        subject. I can see that you do not qualify for the job in the Bush
        administration. It is clear, however, that there are certain people running
        AAPJ who do, if they are not already in his employ. Consider that the
        next time you make statements that appear to speak for them.