Re: News from Iraq and Saddam's letter on FAV

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2003

      From: nebukhadhnasar@... (Abdallah Tahhan)
      To: thekoba@...
      Subject: Re: News from Iraq and Saddam's letter on FAV
      Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:57:43 -0700 (PDT)

      Dear Kevin,

      I made a mistake in that story about the attack on the
      police station.

      It took place in the town of Hit (pronounced "Heet")
      not in al-Fallujah. The problem is that there are
      reports of attacks in different places, and in my
      memory I confused them.

      Interstingly, according to AFP, after that attack on
      the police station in Hit, (where the US troops also
      were, along with the Iraqi police) and after suffering
      some US wounded in that attack, today the news is that
      the US troops have pulled out of Hit altogether "to
      avoid clashes with the townspeople" and are holed up
      now in some fort they have built five kilometers out
      of town.

      This morning for the first time in recent days, there
      were no American patrols of the streets of the town.

      In other words, the popular guerrilla struggle
      liberated Hit, at least for now.

      http://calendar.yahoo.com