Re: Arizonan Muslim FBI informer and bounty hunter arrested in Mexico

    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2003

      >Dear Kevin,
      >
      >You may very well be right. I was thinking along
      >those lines too, except that the descriptions of this
      >guy sound like he'd be more trouble to the CIA than
      >he'd be worth. But then, if he screwed up, they can
      >just ditch him and be done with it.
      >
      >You're likely right, however, that pretty soon the
      >Mexicans will be told that this guy is too important
      >to the "war on terror" to leave languishing in some
      >Mexican prison.
      >
      >Who knows what he might have been up to?! The Granma
      >weekly website carried a story a few days ago about
      >how the Miami-based anti-Cuban terrorists planned to
      >put bombs in the Copa Cobana nightclub on three
      >separate occasions in the 1990s and 2000s. The aim
      >was to kill about 100 tourists and blow a big hole in
      >Cuba's tourism industry.
      >
      >Perhaps this mujahid bountyhunter's grenades were
      >destined for Cuba or Venezuela or for some rally in
      >Mexico. Actually the Miami terrorists were planning
      >to use C-4 explosive in Havana, so they probably
      >wouldn't want primitive hand grenades.
      >
      >A one man nut case with an AK-47 and grenades might
      >have appeared useful to cause some provocation
      >somewhere, or maybe even convince the Mexicans that
      >they are being attacked by "terrorists" and so will
      >need to let the Americans take over their secret
      >police -- the way that the US runs security in
      >Pakistan and Yemen apparently.

      Given that Cuba is a short boatride from the Gusano
      community in south Florida, it seems unlikely that
      anti-Cuban activity would go through Mexico (unless
      it was an attack on the Cuban embassy in Mexico
      City). One thing does occur to me. Perhaps he was
      a one-man phony Zapatista attack. Conceivably someone
      that well-armed could by himself make a large enough
      attack on some landlord in Chiapas to convince the
      Mexican government that the uprising had begun again
      and that they needed American aid to "fight the
      terrorists". Too bad the Zapatistas aren't really
      fighting. It's not as if things in Mexico were getting
      better for the peasants and Natives.

      Given the real terrorism the Cubans had suffered,
      I wouldn't blame Fidel one bit if he...

      1) Asked the United Nations to impose economic sanctions
      on the USA and asked fleets of member nations to
      blockade the American coast to enforce the sanctions.

      2) Declared portions of Florida south of the 27th
      parallel to be a "no fly zone" and sent Cuban
      aircraft to enforce it.

      3) Declared American anti-aircraft fire and intercept
      flights in south Florida to be an "aggressive act".

      4) Demanded that America destroy its weapons of mass
      destruction and admit U.N. inspectors to verify that
      they had been destroyed.

      5) Declared the 2000 elections fraudulent and say of
      President Bush, "There needs to be a regime change!"

      :-)