Lebanese-American woman accused of terrorism in traffic court

    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2003
      The following article appeared on page A5 of the Friday, May 23, 2003 edition
      of The Arizona Republic and is credited to The Associated Press.

      --Kevin Walsh

      WOMAN COLLAPSES AS JUDGE ASKS HER IF SHE'S A TERRORIST

      Tarrytown, New York--A Lebanese-American woman who was in court to fight
      parking tickets fainted when the judge asked her if she was a terrorist.

      Anissa Khoder, 46, has filed a complaint with the state Commission on
      Judicial Conduct over the May 15 incident before Tarrytown Village Justice
      William Crosbie.

      Crosbie, 79, confirmed this week that he made the remark but said he was
      "probably kidding with her."

      He denied accusing her of financially supporting terrorists.

      There is no transcript of court sessions in Tarrytown.

      Khoder told the Journal News that when her name was called, the judge asked
      if she was a terrorist. She said she was offended but kept that to herself.

      She said that after explaining why the tickets should be dismissed, "he said
      something like, 'You have money to support the terrorists, but you don't want
      to pay the ticket.'"

      Both tickets were dismissed.

      "There's no Arabic music in my home," she said. "I have a six-foot Christmas
      tree each year."

      She and her husband arrived in the United States 14 years ago, and she became
      a U.S. citizen in 1993, a stepson said.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24, 2003

        >Annissa Khoder should have said that she doesn't want to pay the tickets
        >precisely because she doesn't like to support terrorism!
        >
        >Later
        >Ibrahim

        Indeed so! Unfortunately she chose to cringe and grovel before the
        imperialists.