Re: Two Texas television stations won't air Hitler miniseries

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2003
      >I haven't seen any of this, and the "evil" in the
      >title suggests strongly that it's just another
      >whitewash of Jewish propaganda nonsense, which I don't
      >need to hear any more of.
      >
      >I think it shows how things have been declining over
      >the years. I recall a couple decades ago that Sir
      >Alec Guinness played Adolf Hitler in some kind of
      >reenactment of Hitler's last days in the Bunker. If
      >any part of Hitler's life would tend to evoke
      >sympathy, I would think it would be those final days.
      >Sir Alec Guinness was also one of the most
      >accomplished British actors of the 20th Century and I
      >don't recall him trying to turn the programme into a
      >caricature, despite the fact that Guinness was of the
      >wartime generation. (He also played the lead in the
      >film Bridge on the River Kwai back in the 1950s).
      >
      >When I went to school (and you know that that was far
      >from a golden age) we were taught that Germany
      >launched an aggressive world war in 1939 and the US
      >virtually singlehandedly defeated Germany, which,
      >incidentally also "murdered 6 million Jews". In
      >other words they accepted the holohoax story, but
      >relegated it to a sideshow to the War. Today,
      >however, every year public school kids have a "unit"
      >on the "holocaust" and World War II is brought up as a
      >side issue to Jewish suffering. This travesty is
      >patently political.
      >
      >I suspect that those Texas stations that refuse even
      >to air an anti-Hitler tirade are probably currying
      >favour with Jews in one way or another.

      Dear Eric,

      Strange that it should be the backwaters of far south
      Texas that did this. I didn't think there were all
      that many Jews in the Corpus Cristi or Laredo areas.
      I thought that area was primarily Mexican-American.

      I do recall having seen some TV movie called "The Bunker"
      back in the 70s, but I don't remember who played Hitler
      in it. I recall Alec Guiness played the role of Marcus
      Aurelius rather sympathetically. That was probably not
      all that historically accurate, particularly given that
      he named his son "Commodus", which is the Latin word for
      "toilet". There must be a streak of cruelty in a man who
      would do that.