Re: [A z h a g i] fonts not changed

  • Viswanathan (a z h a g i . c o m)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2010
      Dear Mr.Devakumar,

      Greetings!

      I have given a link captioned "100s of Free Tamil Fonts" right under the download button in azhagi.com home page. I have given link to it in http://docs.azhagi.com, http://azhagi.com/indic.html, http://azhagi.com/download.html, etc.

      In fact, I have given link to it from within Azhagi itself at various places. If you click on the button 'More Fonts', it takes you to the abovementioned freefonts.html page only. In Azhagi's last screen also, I have given link as '100s of free fonts'. It is there under 'Azhagi' help menu also.

      So, please visit http://azhagi.com/freefonts.html and make use of all the 400 fonts therein. The fonts are all of different and very nice styles and some of them may be useful for your work.

      SaiIndira is of Tscii encoding. 'Latha' is of Unicode encoding. Free fonts in Unicode encoding are more in number than Tscii. You can visit freefonts.html to see sample texts depicting the style of quite a few free fonts.

      If you know how to type in MS-Word using 'SaiIndira', then you can use any of the Tscii fonts listed in 'freefonts.html' page, just the same way you use 'SaiIndira'. If you know how to type in MS-Word using 'Latha' font, then you can use any of the Unicode fonts listed in 'freefonts.html' page, much the same way you use 'Latha' font. Other fonts (TAB, TAM, etc.) can also be used via font conversion.

      To type in a Tscii-encoded font (i.e. a non-unicode font like 'SaiIndira') in MS-Word, please see instructions at http://azhagi.com/pages/snaps/azDirectWordTam.html

      To type in MS-Word using a Unicode font (e.g. Latha, etc.), please see instructions at http://azhagi.com/uniset.html#wordpp

      If you need any further help on this, please do write back.

      With prayers and warm regards
      Viswanathan | indic.azhagi.com