AZALEAS

  • Ray Strausser
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 6:50 AM

      I LIVE IN NORTHERN PART OF OHIO.

      MY AZALEAS DON’T LOOK TO HEALTHY THIS SPRING.

      THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE DYING FROM THE CENTER OUTWARD.

      THEY ARE LOCATED ON THE SOUTHWEST  SIDE OF MY HOUSE.

      I HAVE ABOUT 18 OF THEM (RED & WHITE).

      THE ONES LOCATED IN THE SHADE SEEMS TO DO BETTER THAN THE ONES IN THE AFTERNOON SUN.

      ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO FOR THEM???

      THANKS,

      RAY STRAUSSER

      NORTH CANTON, OHIO

    • SHERI
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2011
        HI, I PLANTED 4 AZALEA BUSHES IN LATE SPRING, EARLY SUMMER. THEY HAVE BEN THRIVING ALL SUMMER, VERY GREEN AND SO ON, ALL A SUDDEN JUST RECENTLY ONE OF THEM TURNED BROWN, LOOKS DEAD, WHAT DID I DO? WHAT HAPPENED, I LOVE THESE BUSHES THERE BEAUTIFUL, PLEASE HELP ME OUT
      • Deloris Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2011
          Sheri, the weather had  been so very dry that is the reason for them brown. I would look up on the web information about fertilization, etc or what night be going on. I assume these are evergreen ones ad not native. I usually work with the natives because I love them swo very much. Pull up sites showing aobut the azaleas and what might be turning them brown. Alwo, The Extension both Hall County and forsyth can help you also with problems you are havingt.
            Hoping this had helped.l
          Deloris