Re: [AZ] light series

  • Bruce Clyburn
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 5 9:16 AM
      Thanks Bill:

      That clearly puts that to rest.

      Bruce

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 1:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [AZ] light series

      Hi Bruce,

      The quote below is drawn from the patent office Web site.  Using a patented plant as a parent would seem to be a violation of the patent.
      ".......protects the inventor's right to exclude others from asexually reproducing, selling, or using the plant so reproduced. "

      William C. Miller III
      Bethesda, Maryland
      www.theazaleaworks. com

      Bruce Clyburn wrote:

      Larry:

      Do you have any sense of how the patent laws view hybrids with such plants. The Northern Lights series is not a good example because most are sterile, but if a plant is patented can you cross with a second plant and distribute the offspring without a license?

      Bruce Clyburn
      New Waterford, N.S.
      Canada

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 10 12:06 PM
        The cultivar name of Autumn Embers ™  is R. 'Conleb'.  The preceding one was 'Conlea'.  The following was 'Conlec'.
        As to R. 'MNIJ92', I do not even know if they were thinking.

        --
        Larry Wallace
        Cincinnati