RE; Red Cavender Hybrids -- R.bakeri

  • Red Cavender
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      I see that Bruce answered Jim's question about R. occ photos. That is the best site that I know of.

      To answer Bill Miller's question. I realize that there has been some name changing but I have been using the names that were on the seed packet when I received them. The plants in question were grown from seed, ARS 78-272 by David Leach. The catalog reads " cumberlandense (bakeri) 'Scarlet Salute' X bakeri 'Camp's Red' NA7829C". The seed was listed as Hand Pollinated. Part of my problem is getting all this information on a tag when I get to the 5th or 6th generation so I admit to using a shorthand. I could use the seed lot number but when I am in the field I need to have the name without referring to my stud book all the time. I have not put 'names' on any of these as I don't like to 'name' something I may not register.

      Dick 'Red' Cavender, Red's Rhodies, Sherwood Oregon USA Zone 8