Azaleas for extended bloom period

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Chris Nelson, a garden editor/writer for "Living in Style", a
      magazine for the southeast US, wrote asking us for some help on an
      article he is writing:

      "By the way, for the article, I plan to talk to some garden centers
      about what mix of azaleas you would plant to ensure the longest
      stretch of blooms possible each spring. I know different types bloom
      earlier and later, and the Encore cultivars bloom a second time, but
      otherwise, I'll confess, I don't know much about azaleas or
      gardening; this is just an angle for a magazine story. I have a few
      sources locally who can help me out (and the cooperative extension's
      material), but if you had any ideas or comments on this topic you'd
      like to share, I'd be happy to get them from you and to quote you in
      this article. Or if you know someone who'd be good to contact, that'd
      be a help as well."

      He has read some basic azalea information including
      http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-629.html , and is looking
      for more information about which azaleas would work together for the
      longest possible period of bloom in the Raleigh NC area or
      thereabouts. He has a 10 March deadline.

      Please send a CC of any reply to him directly at
      "LivingInStyle" <LivingInStyle@...>

      Regards,
      Bob Stelloh Hendersonville NC USDA Zone 7